ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim failure iPhone 4

Evo 5 RS
As above, feel free to spank me for creating such a crap thread.

Occasionally I can get service by reseating the micro sim but seems to mostly say no service. Then sometimes sim failed. Just seems a bit weird I can get it to work at all. Cleaned the contacts on the sim and air dusted the slot.

Is there anything else I can try before going out and getting a new sim quickly? Besides trying another lol.

Ta

Fiesta ST-3
This happened to my friend. Look in the headphone slot, it there is a red dot, you have water damage causing the sim to fail. If you have a white spot then It most likely is a faulty sim and get a replacement ordered.

Evo 5 RS
Well theres a white light when the screens on, but it just looks like the backlight for the screen TBH. Just wondered if there was anything else I could try

Cheers though

BG V6, LY 182
I get this on my 4s often. Its annoying, but for some reason it only does it after iv played football, its not the location cos i play all over, its not the cold cos its left in changing rooms and its not cold, Its not getting banged about cos its either in my bag or in a pocket. I have no water damage either.

Only thing i can put it down to is the jailbreak... :(

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Is it a genuine micro sim or have you cut it down yourself? Prob nothing worth doing really, just pop into your local network shop and ask for a sim swap.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
That's Orange talking b****cks to ya pal... It wouldn't say "sim failure" if you got poor signal, it would just say "no service"

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Orange are crap, we both recently left orange to go to Vodafone.

Never looked back tbh.

Also, if you have no signal the phone should display "no service" not sim card failed.