ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Simple Question

Clio Mk1
right i have a mk1 clio 1.2 1995 right i want to put a bigger engine in will a 1.8 fit in it without any modifications or little mods and how about the new clio engines will they fit?

right i have a mk1 clio 1.2 1995 right i want to put a bigger engine in will a 1.8 fit in it without any modifications or little mods and how about the new clio engines will they fit?

right you can make any of the clio engines fit, right, with a bit of hard work, right.

the 1.8 16v engine will fit, but you would need the running gear/ecu/loom etc from a valver too.

Clio Mk1
right, would i need the driveshaft and tht ? if poss could you make a list of wt i wld need plz!

would i need the valver rad or is it the same?

Best buy the whole doner car you ideal need the whole front and dash looma nd the whole engine bay bits.

You can use your old gearbox and driveshafts/hubs etc lifespan is unknown it might last years it might last two seconds.

Clio Mk1
clocks and s**t can w8 tho imo can get the loom from a scrappy for the clocks an s**t just need to know what i need in the engine bay , same subframe?
gearbox?
rad?