ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

single pipe 182

I recently posted up some pics of my car and quite a few people commented on how the single exit with two holes looked weird (or was it s**t, lol)

I suppose it wouldnt be to costly to get the bumper filled and sprayed (anyone any idea on how much?) so I photoshopped it.

The before and after pics, I think it looks good.

Attachments

• snow3.jpg
    snow3.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 141
  • exhaust4.jpg
    exhaust4.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 173
  Tesla MP3 2021
hmmmmmm not to sure if im honest...think it would need putting closer to the sides.

Just looks like they let some pissed up frenchman fit the bumper and exhaust. IMO you're better off having another can fitted (working or otherwise) or getting a second hand 172 bumper respraying it and getting one single hole cut in it and the current pipework reworked to get the box over to one side more like on the 172.

182cup/D40/Hornet
Think it looks good;),would it not be better to get a bumper from the breakers(172)and cut the hole for the pipe?justa suggestion like

I think it's ended up costing you more by having just the one pipe instead of two. The only way you can sort it properly is by changing the backbox imo. That way you keep the oe look of the car and you don't have to mess with the bumper.

Just out of curiousity, how much more was the dual exit pipes?

Irfan said:
I think it's ended up costing you more by having just the one pipe instead of two. The only way you can sort it properly is by changing the backbox imo. That way you keep the oe look of the car and you don't have to mess with the bumper.

Just out of curiousity, how much more was the dual exit pipes?

I orginally spent £350 on a twin exit but the bore of the pipe was to small for the engine mods I was getting done. I sold my old exhaust to someone on here and went back to the same place to get it taken off and a new one fitted. The owner is a nice bloke and said if I went for something simple he would do it for £120.

I really wanted a single silencer with twin exit laid across the car under the boot. This would have been alot more work and the £120 price was to tempting at the time when I was about to fork out ££££'s on my engine. I imagine you could add £200+ to that price for a twin exit.

I am more into the performance of the car and not to fussed about how it looks (within reason obviously). The exhaust serves its purpose at the minute although I hear BenR may be developing a 182 exhaust in the near future so it may be replaced.

Clio MK2 172
leave the both on for Gods sake... ;) why mess with perfection unless your making the pipes a bit bigger!!!