ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sirius 34 and clip

Clio
Hi all this is my fist post so apologies if I get things wrong .

I've got a 1.4 clio mk2 that I've not managed to start for a while , I thought it was the ecu so got a new complete kit but still not starting .

It will turn over for a couple of seconds but there's no spark or fuel . I've got a odb connector that has worked in the past on my car but now with ether ecu kit I get nothing .

My guess is that it's picking up interference on the CAN system somewhere (tested for continuity) so my question is will clip show this and it where on the system

Regards

Jon

Clio
Cheers for the fast reply I have tried to go three the wiring but not got a diagram in the Haynes so was a bit tricky . There's a big white plug in there that to be honest looks ok but was thinking of cutting it out and soldering joints , any ideas if it will work or just P&a£sing in the wind ?

Moogun B95
Do you have a solid light on the dash? Is it cranking for a couple of seconds then stopping (inhibiting the starter motor) ?

If yes, you need to get it on CLIP, the uch is turning that off for some reason, as it controls the starter motor inhibitor relay. Ive seen this happen on loom faults in the engine bay on 1.2 16v's and on faulty coil packs!

Clio
That's exactly what's happening , I've been striping the tape of the loom and checking wires for resistance and continuity but do far nothing , I didn't know about the coil packs also casing this will try swapping those too .