ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sis is buying a clio

saxo vtr sis getting clio
hey new here an i dont personally own a clio but my sis is planning on buying one soon, av got some pics here just wondering if anyone can tell me if they think its been lowered?
media.jpg

mediaf.jpg

sorry if this is in the wrong section or anything new here

thanx
craigy_87

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
looks lowered to me and has a gash grill on the front, just look under it, if the srpings are coloured it means it's been lowered.

ahhh thanks she just forgot to ask when she was round seeing it i'll get her to ask the guy.
cheers again

looks lowered to me and has a gash grill on the front, just look under it, if the srpings are coloured it means it's been lowered.

good idea i'll tell her to do that
an i couldnt agree more the grille is seriously gash

BMW M135i
Its deffo been lowered without a doubt and its on 16/17s. And cheese grater grill, i'd look for a standard one. Not like theres a shortage of 1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2s.

That grill's made by remington ;) welcome to the site btw

thanx :approve:

Its deffo been lowered without a doubt and its on 16/17s. And cheese grater grill, i'd look for a standard one. Not like theres a shortage of 1.2 16v Mk2 Ph2s.

yeah 17s am pretty sure, av never actually been round to see the car but thought you guys would know best from just pics
mk2 ph2 :S lol i know feck all about clios but i think i get what your on about

BMW M135i

Mk2 Ph1 = Rounder shape with the bug-eyed front end.
Mk2 Ph2 = Rounder shape with the pointy lights (the shape you've posted)
Mk2 Ph3 = Same as above but slightly different front bumper and interior.
Mk2 Ph4 = End of run things that renault are doing at the moment with totally different front/rear bumpers.

Just to confuse you.

TT
Definatly lowered, if shes buying it for sure, make sure she asks how its been lowered, if its just springs and no shocks, then it may cause problems for you (replacing the shocks) soon!

plus the springs dont have to be coloured, people have sprayed them black for insurance purposes, and i think sportlines come black dont they?!or something likewise.

Definatly look for standard one

Mk2 Ph4 = End of run things that renault are doing at the moment with totally different front/rear bumpers.

Just to confuse you.

ahhh kool kool never knew there were that many different phase mk2 clios

Definatly lowered, if shes buying it for sure, make sure she asks how its been lowered, if its just springs and no shocks, then it may cause problems for you (replacing the shocks) soon!

plus the springs dont have to be coloured, people have sprayed them black for insurance purposes, and i think sportlines come black dont they?!or something likewise.

yeah a advised her to ask about shocks, is there any mm drop which the standard shocks can handle (of course uprated shocks always better)

get a RS grill

lol not a clue what that is sorry

car? need a license 1st!

Just to confuse you.

ahhh kool kool never knew there were that many different phase mk2 clios

yeah a advised her to ask about shocks, is there any mm drop which the standard shocks can handle (of course uprated shocks always better)

get a RS grill

lol not a clue what that is sorry

Thats not including the Mk1s!!!!

Mk1 Ph1
Mk1 Ph2
Mk1 Ph3!! Crazy Renault..

Oh and RS Grill = Renault Sport Grill, from a 17/82

Thats not including the Mk1s!!!!

Mk1 Ph1
Mk1 Ph2
Mk1 Ph3!! Crazy Renault..

Oh and RS Grill = Renault Sport Grill, from a 17/82

lol plenty of clios then :star:
ahhh righty kool kool really like 17/82's
hopefully my sis does aswell or i'll slap her lol

well my sis got her clio today an i love it
a wee light has appeared on the dash, its right in the middle above the oil warning anyone know what its warning me of? its like a coil shape

BMW M135i
Its the electric fault warning light, on a 1.2 16v could be a whole host of things tbh. Needs to be plugged in to find out what the fault it. Does it still drive ok ?

TT
ps, yeah the drop is 40mm is ok with shock, it looks about 40mm, so i shouldnt worry, however may have to replace them soon! dont know about electrical problem sadly mate! ring where you got it from, since i assume they should know something about it, it seems bit coincidental!!

Its the electric fault warning light, on a 1.2 16v could be a whole host of things tbh. Needs to be plugged in to find out what the fault it. Does it still drive ok ?

ahhh right i see thanx an yeah still drives fine

ps, yeah the drop is 40mm is ok with shock, it looks about 40mm, so i shouldnt worry, however may have to replace them soon! dont know about electrical problem sadly mate! ring where you got it from, since i assume they should know something about it, it seems bit coincidental!!

yeah does abit but to be honest the corsa she traded in for it had a warning light on aswell lol

well my sis got the clio an this is how it looked

but now its like this

*Pictures removed as requested. Nige.*

needless to say she's gutted

Last edited by a moderator:

al

ST on the way...

There was another in there as well, the 2005/6 Campus models had the MK2 PH2 front bumpers :S lol

al

ST on the way...
well my sis got the clio an this is how it looked

but now its like this

*Pictures removed as requested. Nige.*

needless to say she's gutted

Jesus!! What happened?!?! :S

Last edited by a moderator:
  Clio200 EDC Lux
Holly crap thats bad, looks like a rough area :dead: what been thrown all over it paint ? Must have pee'd someone off did she?

nah area aint bad, the person that done it is evil though. paint stripper been thrown over the car

Clio200 EDC Lux
the person that done it is evil though. paint stripper been thrown over the car

What did the police say about it? or did you take a baseball to there head's (I would have if that was my car) I am not a violent person but that would have tipped me over the edge :mad:

police know who it is an so do we but they cant do anything cos they cant prove it, he'd just get set free

thanx for the comments guys, gonna take the pics off now just cause the police are involved dunno if it makes a difference them bein on here but just incase

Golf GTI PP Mk7
feel really sorry for you mate, some people are just childish imo. BIG MAN, YOU SMASHED MY CAR UP YOUR'RE COOL!

some people never pass the mental stage they were at when they were 15 and it was cool to be 'the hardest in the school' etc, stuff like that just pisses me off. Hope you get the car sorted mate, and gett he cheese grater off the front, hehe.

1998 1.2 8v mk2 clio
sorry dint realise that she had got the clio feel a bit of a t**t i have sum nob head that live down the road from me that poored oil all over my car er lets say my pri bar went back to snap on the handle had more effect on ther faces