ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SIX GEARS ON 182

Lee

BMW M2C

That was the excuse Peugeot used for the lack of streering lock in one direction on the GTi-6 so I can only assume it must. Either that or they lied. LOL

But a 6th cog would be nice.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 16 June 2004

That was the excuse Peugeot used for the lack of streering lock in one direction on the GTi-6 so I can only assume it must. Either that or they lied. LOL

But a 6th cog would be nice.
Its true, the gearbox is larger, so restricted steering lock, my CTR is the same although my 306 was worse...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by 182 Clio on 16 June 2004

Does the 182 need 6 speeds, do you feel?

Or do the five fitted do the job just fine?

Views please!
Doesnt need them as such, but Ive had two cars with a 6 speed box and it does help...

dk

911 GTS Cab

the steering lock on the 182 is bad enough as it is, but I would like a sixth cruising gear every now and again on a long motorway journey

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 16 June 2004

the steering lock on the 182 is bad enough as it is, but I would like a sixth cruising gear every now and again on a long motorway journey
Noooo, you dont want a soft namby pamby cruising gear, you want a 6th cog which is the same as your current 5th, then the rest of the box can be more closely packed. Thats how Peugeot did it and it worked very, very well.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 16 June 2004

I would like a sixth cruising gear every now and again on a long motorway journey
The 6th on my CTR is about the same as 5th on the Cup, the 306 was similar too, they aint cruising gears...

dk

911 GTS Cab

oh right okay then, I just thought it would help on the old fuel bills, some of us arent getting 480 imiles out of a tank like tommy boy!

Lee

BMW M2C

I reckon he had god on his side that day!! I dont think I have the will power to drive in such as way as to save that much fuel.

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 16 June 2004

That 6th would be lovely too drop the revs on the Mway.
Yep, got to agree with that, long motorway journeys do my head in sometimes. Would help on the old fuel consumption too.

Blimey, yes of course you can fit a 6-speed in a 182......

Can anybody think of the manufacturer name Im thinking of???

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by rockport on 16 June 2004

£££ quaife £££
Anything? if you had enough money you could fit the box of a muira if you wanted.

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 16 June 2004
Blimey, yes of course you can fit a 6-speed in a 182......Can anybody think of the manufacturer name Im thinking of???

renault

meganee 225 slots straight on ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Dont the cup racers come with a 6 speed sequential box ?? just get one of em ;)