ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SIX SPEED SEQUENTIAL TRANSVERSE UNIT

Renault Laguna Coupe

Yes you can put a SADEV sequential gearbox into a Clio 172. The Clio Cup Race cars have them as standard. I think they cost around £6,000, plus fitting. No good at all for use on the road (can only change up when at full throttle), but great on the track. Needs rebuilding every 6,000 miles apparently.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 25 November 2002

Yes you can put a SADEV sequential gearbox into a Clio 172. The Clio Cup Race cars have them as standard. I think they cost around £6,000, plus fitting. No good at all for use on the road (can only change up when at full throttle), but great on the track. Needs rebuilding every 6,000 miles apparently.

Hi,

watabout using Renault Trafic Van 6-speed gearbox?

Cheers,

KK

I think the box to use would be the new Megane 2.0 as it comes with a 6 speed box as standard.

Being a 2.0 the engine might be the same as the 172 but it only produces 136bhp.

Have not had the chance to look at one yet. Waiting for the dealerto get one in.

Has anyon actually looked into this at all? Where the hell would the linkage go, as this normally comes off the shift at about 2/3rds up the shift arm and goes through the bulkhead :-/

Renault Laguna Coupe

Dont worry it will be available as an upgrade to the Cup before long at only £99.99 including fitting and 3 year warranty.

Had this mis fortune to get a new megane as a rental car from Heathrow the other day. Oh dear, why have Renault still not learned anything about building cars......

Any way this was a 2.0 litre, engine numbers have different prefix to 172 so it is undoubtedly a different motor,and the gearbox can best be described as a vague toss, two ratios in there which do nothing at all apart from vary the amount of noise. I think its wankness would have an adverse effect on your 172.

there you go....

teh new 6 speeder will still fit the as the hosing bolts are the same. but if you wanna use it is up to you, no real need really....driveshafts will need to be changed though.

but the new megane uses teh same F4 units though....renault aint develooping a new engine at cost for ages ntil they get their moneys worth....were still on the same V6 for gods sake!

oh, you can chage gear on the sequential whenever you like......even off the throttle.....or part throttle.....

yup I agree with ben about sequential changin.. i asked a guy who install sadev n sell them i asked him that question he said its fine u can change whenever u like.. u can choose Straight Cut or Helical cut gear n install full throttle gear change "thing" haha

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 26 November 2002

there you go....

teh new 6 speeder will still fit the as the hosing bolts are the same. but if you wanna use it is up to you, no real need really....driveshafts will need to be changed though.

but the new megane uses teh same F4 units though....renault aint develooping a new engine at cost for ages ntil they get their moneys worth....were still on the same V6 for gods sake!

oh, you can chage gear on the sequential whenever you like......even off the throttle.....or part throttle.....

Hi benR,

the 6 speed gears using on Megane is it the same on the Trafic?

cheers,

KK

End of the day I would rather spend a fraction over a grand and have a 70 bhp nitrous on progressive and a quick shift gear linkage.....

Quote: Originally posted by Steve on 27 November 2002

End of the day I would rather spend a fraction over a grand and have a 70 bhp nitrous on progressive and a quick shift gear linkage.....

or get a Superchips or Unichip...

End of the day who will have 5-6 k left in their back burner and be able to whoop a 172 with sequential...

Dont get me wrong if they was 2k to buy and didnt need rebuilding every 6k miles then I would want one bad!

Quote: Originally posted by Steve on 27 November 2002

How would a superchip give you 70 bhp?

Hi Steve,

Of course Superchips cant give 70bhp...the most is only 10bhp....which is a fraction of the 5800 pound.

So why did you say get a super chip then???? I said get nitrous and a quick shift gear linkage.... that would cost just over a grand for 70+ bhp and quicker gear shifts.... then you said or you could get a superchip??? EH????

lol

what for a wizards of NOS nitrous kit with progressive controller and a quickshift gear linkage???

Wow cheers Tom all I need now is a 172 lol

The nissan gearbox is not the problem. The problem is fixing it to a car that is not suitable. Their failed to choose a right ratio that match the character of the engine.

Alot of new Renault stuff is from Nissan, Renault are still in the financial sh*te so they are product sharing with thier partner company.

HKClioman got it right on the head, they failed to match the gears to the characteristics of the motor.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Strange how the 2.0 16v engine as fitted to the Megane has been improved over the years. Started with a 150bhp unit, this was replaced with a 140bhp IDE unit that everyone hated, now we get V.V.T, and a whopping 136bhp... I dont like this sort of product development one bit! Well be changing our Megane (hopefully for another one) in the next few months - I hope they come up with something a bit more tempting than 136bhp!

So, back on topic for a sec, anyone thought of or know of what gear ratios you get in these things? (The sadev box that is)

no, the box is not the same as the traffic.

also, nissan are in far more of a stifle with finacial troubles.......in fact, they were right up the sh*tters!

renault runs 4 platforms and nissan were on something like 34 when they went into investigation.........economies of scale....pardon?

as for the de-velopment of the 2ltr 16V engines, the 150 was worked pretty hard by renault to ge that , and now teh 136bhp units are so unstressed its silly. but 172bhp from the same 2ltr is proof that they are geting better, but it all depends on what its going into.

but teh new 2ltr laguna wth 140bhp is lacking a little.

"2.0L laguna is lacking a little". I told u so, didnt I? But then be fair, it produces quite good low end torque and is more responsive than the 307.

For family cars, like the new megane, bhp is not that important. Driveability (at low rev, mind you), running cost are the keys to success. Do hope that the new megane couldnt find too many buyers in the UK, otherwise, we have to wait for a little longer and pay a higher price.

From an investment point of view, Nissan is now a good buy. The Japanese market is near tits bottom, cant go down any further and the yen is also very low. The company itself has been transformed. It is now more cost effective. It actually posted a littke profit last year. If u can take a closer look at its new model line up, u will agree with me that it is up and coming.

yup, and it will share all of the new reanult platforms. the new clio and micra will share their plateform and will be substantially larger in size.

Tony...thats why there is a V6!!!!

140bhp froma 2ltr aint bad considering that the clio williams had a higly tunned 2ltr with 150.....getting more out of the laguna will be easy.....but why? when itll spend all its life pootling about in HKs traffic.

true...but at least there is a HK something!

HK seems to be lacking much of what made it so special.....its far too bland and unwelcoming now. you really do have to know teh right people to truely enjoy HK, and be involved in a few select activities. But im not being racist, but those who have western education, business experince, or are western seem to be much more welcoming....a true local aint the nicest person.....so harsh.

I can understand your feeling. The HK clio and Pug guys are OK, nice ppl can also be found in some pubs in Wan Chai; the modern alfistis, well, not too sure.

BTW, the Pug club is organising a go-karting competition, to be held in Honeylake in ShenZhen in late Jan. 100cc karts. Can put your name down if you want. How about u, cyue?

wutsthe cost me runnin low lately haha have to wait till pay day. yeh i think the Alfa ppl are pretty stuck up ... they seem to get pissed of reallllllly easily

yeh ben it is true some HK ppl are pretty harsh haha not u Tony

well, i would go if it awsnt such a waste of time.

takes ages to get there, need a visa, track is awful, bumpy, lots of dust and stones (like a gravel rally course!) the karts are poorly maintained, the hotel and food is so awful.....i used to race tehre but left after 2 yrs as it was such a trek and not really worth it. nobody really knew what they were doing.

if you wanta fun karting day out, come with me to Macau where the track is smooth as silk and very technical. plus, the karts will be 100cc race karts (unlike the thrased ones they will be using) or 125cc 6 speed ones which will blow your mid away...0-162kph in 5.6 secs........find me a car which does that!