ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Dish...

...Ive just moved house and have a freeview box but the reception for it in my new area is crap but there a sky dish on the outside of the house, could i use this to get a digital signal or not?

If not then does anyone know how easy it is to change your aerial? i know its only a few bolts that hold it in place but what about the wiring?

its 1 wire to do an arial lol coax isnt hard to do at all destructions will come with it

oh and you cant use the sat dish

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
The wire is really simple mate. You might need to add the connectors yourself but its pretty easy.

the wire may need to be cut and connectors on either end or the wire thats in the wall may just have a socket in the loft so all you would need to do is put the connector on the ariel side of the cable and plug it in :)

ht051_2.jpg

basically cut some of the black bit off say 1 inch fold back the braid cut off the foil cut of 3/4 inch of the white then build the connector up the collar goes over first then the pointy bit then the other collar goes over to hold it all together then cut off the spare copper core

172 Cup
Why not get a cheap digibox off Ebay, calll the BBC and get a free freeview card and watch freeview via satellite instead?

172 Cup
Yup... Gave my neighbour my old Sky digibox (worth about £40) as we have a communial dish. Got a free card from the BBC and now he can access shed loads of free to air channels over satellite for nothing.

172 Cup
http://www.freesatfromsky.co.uk/?pID=1

The referance to £150 is to supply a Digibox aswell. Just get one off Ebay instead and then the quote below applies. For a one off payment of £20 this gives more channels than the free BBC card.

I already have digital satellite equipment - what else do I need?

All you need to get access to the free channels available on the digital satellite platform is a freesat viewing card which costs just £20.