ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky HD box. Basic n00b question

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Chaps,

If we switched the standard Sky box to one of those HD units, does the dish on the roof have to be altered in anyway?

Basically, I think our dish is fecked and if part of the HD installation requires a new dish then we're onto a winner.

A bit of wishful thinking, methinks. ;)

D.

Dirty E91
You will need a 2nd cable from the dish so you can record and watch other channels at the same time.

Part of the install.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
You need to purchase the HD package aswell.
I think its on offer at the moment for a HD box and free standard installation for £49.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
^^^Don't mention the "potential dish problem" - once the engineer installs the HD box and it doesn't work tell him it was working before he worked on it. Surely he will replace or repair the dish.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes, but possibly only the LNB part. (the front stickyout bit)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
As Tom said, i think they just replace the box 'o tricks on the arm of the dish. You'll need one that accepts the double feed cable. Since you need two live feeds for + and +HD.

SQ5
Be careful telling them it doesn't work after they've installed box as most engineers aren't allowed to work over 16ft or something stupid so they will then need to get the special height engineers out with all the climbing gear fit for climbing everest.

SLK250 CDI
If you are getting an installation then they will do whatever work is necessary on the dish to install the new box.