ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky HD Problem

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I can't seem to get any of the terrestrial HD channels to display on my Sky HD box. All the Sky ones seem to work (Sky One HD, Sky Sports HD etc.) but for BBC HD and ITV HD all I'm getting is a blue screen with the sound. This wouldn't be too bad if it was a radio frequency but I was hoping for a picture, too, preferably HD. It was working a couple of weeks ago and has been spot on since I bought the box but since the Spurs vs Leeds game on ITV HD it's just gone to pot.

Anyone got any advice or tips on how to rectify the problem? I've tried Googling but it's finding nothing, really.

Wanted to watch the Spurs game later on ITV HD :dapprove:

nimbus r27
haha try turning it off at the mains first for like 30 seconds then turning it back on! that usually fixes most little problems! if not there is a few other things u can try see if that works first! it will take a while to turn back on aswell its normal so dont panic!

Seriously though, there is a guide somewhere, as this is quite a common problem.

Last edited:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
FFS. I was spinning around 4 times originally. Bah.

haha try turning it off at the mains first for like 30 seconds then turning it back on! that usually fixes most little problems! if not there is a few other things u can try see if that works first! it will take a while to turn back on aswell its normal so dont panic!

I will try that later. Usually that's my first port of call but when I saw that BBC HD was having the same problem last night, I thought smacking it would help. Did nothing, really.

It's worked fine since I got it, I tuned in the ITV HD channel (10510) on the first day and it's been spot on until a couple of weeks ago. Meh.

Will try a reboot later :cool:

Perrinho

ClioSport Club Member
Might sound stupid, but have you had any snow etc?

Can you get to the LMB and check for ice?

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  Q8 E-Tron
I got mine replaced last week.

Here's what do do.

Phone Sky, tell them you've spoken to technical support about your box which keeps shutting down, and they wanted to charge you for a service call out. Because of this you want to cancel.

They'll send you an engineer out and put you in a new sw**ky slimline 500GB box, i got mine on Saturday :)

Mind you, mine was shutting down randomly so I wasn't lying.