ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Splitting Sky HDMI Out

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I am wanting to split the HDMI out of my Sky+ HD box (not SkyQ) to various TV's in the house.

I've bought a powered splitter from Yesss, it's not this one but looks identical - http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/4-way-4k-hdmi-splitter-n67dv

I have one TV next to the sky box, with a 3m cable, another is on a 10m and I think the last is on a 15m cable.

It worked initially but has since stopped. Tried a new splitter of the same type and doesn't work, also tried a cheap £10 splitter off eBay and that doesn't work. If I plug any of the cables in directly to the sky box then they all work.

Should this work is my first question? Do Sky stop you doing this? Maybe with a recent update?
If it should work, any ideas why it might not? Runs too long? Or do I need a special splitter?

Cheers

Listerine & Poledo
I can't imagine it's the box, as all it's doing is sending AV signal through its HDMI out. However, if you're asking it to pump out, say, Full HD and SD at the same time, that'll be a problem.

@malcolmgt has a point, however this is more to do with people trying to screen cast from their Sky Go app. Nonetheless, Sky will do everything they can to force you into spending on a Multiroom upgrade.

Additionally, I'd imagine trying to send the signal over 28m combined isn't helping matters

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Something rings a bell about sky stopping hdmi splitting.

That was a while ago though

DCi
do all the cables work when connected from sky box to TV direct - ie, prove they work
does the splitter work when connected to another device, e.g. games console or laptop - prove the splitter is actually ok
this leaves the sky box, which you cant really change :(

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
Google advises that this is a popular unit for SKy+ Splitting

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001D9P1OW/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I have one of these with my virgin box combined with a Neet HDMI over Ethernet an works fine to send it upstairs.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
In havel done the same but just between the loung and garage and all works ok.
I'd say maybe the splitter is faulty?

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
You can split sky hdmi no problem, just buy a decent/recommended splitter. Cheaper end of the market but will work would be Neet. Search on amazon.

Also any hdmi 10m and and longer will struggle, more so if your sending high bandwidth information like blu-Ray or 4K. Sky 1080i should be fine at that distance to be fair