ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky+ HD Question

Banana
I am thinking of getting in the Sky HD now that they are doing the £49 offer, but I am wondering if it is possible to fit a splitter to the rear HDMI cable and run another cable to my bedroom, because I have a 1080p telly in there going to waste. Would spitting the signal kill the quality?

Revels Mum & Sister
You could run a cable from Sky Box to a switch and then 2 X HDMI cable from switch to each TV however I suspect the distance from the switch to your bedroom TV would be way too long to reach.

3 x Renaults + Lexus
Yes its possible but you only get to see the same channel]

Get on from keene.co.uk

Revels Mum & Sister
I stand corrected I did not realise you could watch the same output on 2 different screens like that.

Just to let you know Sky appear to have a 3 month waiting list for HD in the south east. Not sure where you are based.

Banana
Thanks for the replies lads, I'll buy a splitter and a 10 metre cable and try it out when I get it installed then.
Spoonie- I think they are up to date in Glasgow afaik. My neighbours was installed within a week I think.

Clio 200 Raider
yes it does work running the very same thing,

sky hd downstairs running out of the hd box through splitter through the roof via a 15m cable then in my tv upstairs.

Seemed the only way to get hd quality upstairs without forking out another £10 a month for another hd box upstairs, obviously as previously mentioned you can only watch whats on downstairs and vice versa.

I have a magic eye on mine upstairs so i can change the channel from either room

works a treat

oh and u dont appear to loose any quality

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just to let you know Sky appear to have a 3 month waiting list for HD in the south east. Not sure where you are based.

Same here in Darwen, 3 month waiting list for existing customers . I rang a local sat / tv shop yesterday and they came and fitted it this morning for £79 , same as the Sky offer . Happy days :) Also put me a quad Lnb on some i'm gonna run 2 cables to an extra Sky+ box and use it as a freeview box :)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
same all over the UK, I signed up recently and it's 3 months :(

So do what i did . Rang Telesat northwest in Blackburn , local sat installer and had in installed in less than 24 hours for the same price Sky is offering .

Banana
So new customers are getting it right away, but existing customers are waiting 3 months :mad:
A mate in work is selling an HD box just now. If I buy it and install it myself (I already have the double LNB doofer plumbed in) do I just ring Sky and have them upgrade my package and that's it?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
So do what i did . Rang Telesat northwest in Blackburn , local sat installer and had in installed in less than 24 hours for the same price Sky is offering .

I was thinking of doing something along those lines...

got a number?

ive tried a few local places after being on the sky list for a while.

they want £299 for the HD box. not found anyone near me, midlands, that will do a similar price to sky.

just gone through comet, £29 one off charge for HD + multi room , no installation cost. the lad at Comet reckons it will be around a month for install

SQ5
We split quite a lot at customers house, one house we are splitting the sky HD into 4 rooms and there Blu-Ray into 2.

If you want to run longer than 15m buy two short HDMI leads (1m) and a box of cat 5. run 2 lengths (may aswell do a few though) and buy a HDMI over Twisted pari convertor.

Works about around the same price as buy the 15m lead and can be ran even further