ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky HD, Sky+ Sky Mulitroom = HELP!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Right ok need some advice people.

I currently have a a Sky subscription. I have 4 mixes which costs £18 a
month. I have:
- Variety Mix
- Knowledge Mix
- Style and Culture Mix
- News and Events Mix

Now, I am on the verge of buying a HD tv and obviously want to get the
best out of it with a SKy HD subscription. Now thats great, but I also
want the ability to pause live TV which requires a Sky + subscription AS
WELL.

Now... I 'think' I can get some premium channels which remove the need to have a Sky+ subscription but what is defined as a premium channel?

I also have my parents to think of. Remember from last christmas where I got them Freeview. Well they are about to consder upgrading their TopUp TV subscription to £10 a month for more channels but since I would have loads of channels i might as well get multi-room for them... possibly with Sky+...

Its all quite confusng but hope someone can work out what I should do/route I should take.

I want Sky HD with Sky + and I wan my parents to have Sky+ in the lounge.

Help!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I have everything except sports. That is 36 quid with sky+ (they waive the 10 quid fee with that). So i would imagine you would pay 46 with your HD, that would be the best deal i think.

Not sure about the multiroom fee. You could get a magic eye (10-15 quid) but that is linked to your box.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Hmmm looking at it...

(Found this)

DigitalSpy said:
Sky Premium Channels
Sky Sports 1
Sky Sports 2
Sky Movies 1 (Screens 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9)
Sky Movies 2 (Screens 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10)

Subscribers to Sky Sports 1 and/or Sky Sports 2 receive Sky Sports 3 as a bonus channel. Subscribers to both Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 2 also receive Sky Sports Xtra.

A subscription to both Sky Movies 1 and Sky Movies 2 includes Sky Cinema 1, Sky Cinema 2, Disney Cinemagic and Disney Cinemagic +1 as bonus channels.

Subscribers to Sky Sports 1, Sky Sports 2, Sky Movies 1 and Sky Movies 2 receive Sky Sports 3, Sky Sports Xtra, Sky Cinema 1, Sky Cinema 2, Disney Cinemagic and Disney Cinemagic +1 as bonus channels.

If you subscribe to 2 or more premium channels you will receive the Sky+ recording subscription free. Furthermore you will also receive the second subscription at a cost of £10 per month.
So if I did...

6 mixes +
Sky Sports 1 and 2 (get Xtra and 3 F.O.C)
Sky Movies 1 (Screens 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9)
Sky Movies 2 (Screens 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10)

= £42.50 per month

Then I'd get Sky+ free of charge... Sky HD would cost a furthr £10 which I could re-coup from the rents as I'd get them to pay me £10 a month for all that with Sky Multiroom (as they would be paing the same if they were TopUp TV).... that is.. if Sky Multi room would be free based on the above...

Megane225FF
multi room is usually £10 extra per month, as it's classed as another subscription charge.. its the same with HD, thats £10 extra per month on top of everything..
I think you'll get sky+ for f.a. with that package... iirc

S2000
I believe only a few channels are actually HD.

If you want to pause live tv how about a media centre pc? Then you have a hard disc recorder, pause live tv etc and the upgradability of blu ray/hd dvd :D

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
thedoc said:
multi room is usually £10 extra per month, as it's classed as another subscription charge.. its the same with HD, thats £10 extra per month on top of everything..
I think you'll get sky+ for f.a. with that package... iirc
Yeah hopefully Sky will be willing to bargain a bit as its quite a package!

Slugs - you're right but they are being added during the year. I quite like the idea of a media PC but dunno whether I'd spend s**t loads on it - when really all I'm after is recording a few bits here and there. Maybe a hard disk recorder is a better bet... oh i'm confused again lol

Nippy white cup
I`d get sky HD but I don`t want to pay £300 or what ever it is for the box...not after all the cash I`ve put in the Sky tv pot over the years!

Chris

Renault Laguna Coupe
I tried working all this out a few months back. In the end I decided to get everything and see what I used most.

The bad news is that I watch a lot more TV now that we have HD. In particular I watch more sport and more films. And surprise surprise, those 2 are the expensive bits. :mad:

I have Sky HD and Sky World (no multiroom though). I think it costs £53 a month :S

Nippy white cup
See the £10 wouldn`t bother me too much..just the initial £300. I`ll defo get it but it will come down eventually

Chris

Inferno 182
Waiting for it to come down in price as well, just not enough channels showing stuff I want to watch to justify the outlay yet... The tv is there ready and waiting so they just gotta get the rest sorted and my order will be placed!

Clio 1.4 16v
Got Sky HD yesterday downstairs yesterday, very impressed, limited channels though, but still more on the way. Also got Sky+ upstairs, its great!! :)

Golf GTI 1.8T
Chris n nic said:
See the £10 wouldn`t bother me too much..just the initial £300. I`ll defo get it but it will come down eventually

Chris

you'd be silly to buy it now... only about 10 channels.

might aswell wait a while for it to come down and for them to increase the number of channels available in HD.