ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Multiroom

Fiesta Silver Limited Ed.
Had Sky+ Installed a few weeks ago, still kept the old sky box. Was wondering how difficult it would be to set up sky multi room in my bedroom using the old box? I have a wire running there with the remote reciever allowing me to view sky in my bedroom and change channel, but of course this also changes the changes the channel in the other room.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Haybails1980

ClioSport Club Member
You need the "old box" that you will have in your bedroom to be attached to the Sky dish by a Sky engineer.

Megane Mk4
You'll need a multi connection LNB for your dish, extra cable and a subscription to Sky for extra box (As said £10)

if your brave enough, replace the LNB and add cable without disturbing the position of the dish, route cable to whichever room you want it in, ring sky and ask for an extra card.. Wait for card... Job's done :approve:

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You'll need a multi connection LNB for your dish, extra cable and a subscription to Sky for extra box (As said £10)

if your brave enough, replace the LNB and add cable without disturbing the position of the dish, route cable to whichever room you want it in, ring sky and ask for an extra card.. Wait for card... Job's done :approve:

What andi said...but as you've got Sky+ they will have fitted a quad LNB anyway, so will be cheaper/easier (although it's easy to change LNB anyway!).

I'd do it myself (have done recently anyway, Sky HD & Sky + box) and avoid the sky installation fee.