ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky on 360...

Sounds pretty interesting. Cracking deal for sky. Viva the technology revolution.

But i wonder about it being free for existing customers et.c. (article is ambiguous)

BMW F31
yeah i've been reading a little bit about it, not sure how that will work.

currently dont have sky due to living in a very old cottage and not wanting a dish on it so this will be very useful.

should be interesting when it comes out :)

Tesla MP3 2021
Sounds good even though I already have full Sky in my room. If its in HD then that would be great as I just have a magic eye feed from downstairs so I dont get HD.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
If you’re new to Sky prepare to be dazzled by the choice of live channels and premium content, all of which are available via a choice of subscription packages or on a pay-per-view basis.

Existing Sky customers will enjoy the obvious benefits of having an alternative and, we might add, highly versatile way to enjoy their favourite shows.

Existing customers already pay for it, so they get to see it. Everyone else has to pay

dk

911 GTS Cab
this was announced months ago wasn't it, they haven't got around to actually implementing it yet though.

Nissan Jewk
If I don't have sky at home and wanted to watch say sky sports via sky player on the 360, am I right in saying I need to take a subscription out and this will be in excess of £30 a month??

BMW F31
well the pricing hasn't been released yet for it, but looking at the standard pricing for the sky player online i'm guessing it will be the same.

its like having sky with a dish, but you get less channels lol!

Nissan Jewk
So if my parents have sky at home, can I use their sky account to watch channels through my xbox? They have everything but sports and movies...

dk

911 GTS Cab
i don't understand, if you already have a skyhd box at home, why on earth would you be in the slightest bit interested in watching it on a noisy 360, there is no plus points?

Never above 25mpg
So if my parents have sky at home, can I use their sky account to watch channels through my xbox? They have everything but sports and movies...

Im thinking this...! We have the movies and sports HD package! Would be mint :cool:

i don't understand, if you already have a skyhd box at home, why on earth would you be in the slightest bit interested in watching it on a noisy 360, there is no plus points?

If I haven't got a sky box in my room I think it's good idea. Saves getting another one installed. Just connection dependant

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

I've no interest, have Sky HD box that sits err next to the 360 :p

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

multiroom without paying for it?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I think if your not a sky member, you can use your xbox live points to access the channels?

Tesla MP3 2021
This is very interesting if true!...

Xbox 360 Sky Player Price Plan, Channel Listing & Shocking Truths Uncovered?
Written Saturday, October 17, 2009 by Dan Webb

It seems like one of the chaps over at Neowin.net has uncovered a few juicy bits of information coming from http://xbox.sky.com in all the XML data that feeds the Sky Player. To me, that literally means nothing - after all, I'm no techie when it comes to this sort of stuff, but speaking to our coding expert Aleks (AKA Routine), it looks pretty legit.

So what does it tell us? Well, aside from the channel listing and clear as mud price listing, the Xbox 360 Sky Player doesn't seem to be as free to Sky subscribers as they initially made out...

Channel Listing

G.O.L.D
Sky Real Lives
Sky Arts 1
Sky Movies 1 & 2
Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 and Xtra
Sky Sports News
British Eurosport
ESPN
ESPN Classic
Sky News
National Geographic
National Geographic Wild
History
Eden
Cartoon Network
Boomerang
Disney Channel

According to the site also, "Sky 1 is missing from the Live channel list but under "TV on demand" Sky 1, Baby TV and Biography are listed."

Price Plan

Non Sky customers can subscribe on a minimum monthly basis which allows access to selected live channels and a selection of TV on demand. You can also rent or buy single episodes with no commitment.

The Sky Player TV Entertainment pack will cost £15 a month - includes live broadcast of over 20 channels (including National Geographic, ESPN Classic, G.O.L.D. and Disney Channel).

You can upgrade to include movies and sport for an additional cost (not specified though).

The Shocking Truth

Sky Player on your Xbox is only free to Sky subscribers who have subscribed to a Sky Multiroom account and/or a Sky Broadband Unlimited account.

All other Sky TV subscribers can subscribe to watch live TV on their Xbox 360 Sky Player for an extra £9.75 a month... something that Microsoft and Sky failed to highlight in the build up to its release. Probably because it's frankly ridiculous.

Despite it looking legit, we'll chalk it down as a rumour for now. We'll update you when we hear more though, but it does look like the Sky and Microsoft partnership isn't going to be as popular as once thought.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got multiroom and sky broadband so that's alright for me. Don't have Movies so hopefully it won't extra for Sky Movies 1 & 2.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
My xbox and sky are connected to same tv as well. I'd only use it to watch ESPN and Movies. If I have to pay for it I won't bother getting.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
TBH I am getting sick of Microsoft and there pricing for services!. Take Games On Demand for example, they sell games for £20 give or take & these are games that have been out years and you can get cheaper on the net. Now they say with the Sky Channel that its a minium of £9 a month - might as well just get Sky installed tbh imho. The only real benifit is for people who live in bulidings where they aren't allowed to put a dish up.

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
^^ You don't have to buy it. Being a Sky subscriber I'd be pissed off if non-Sky customer got Sky Sports etc for free via Xbox.

2014 Focus Titanium
I see none of you surprised people have ever used Sky Player before then!

Of course they are going to charge you, don't you think it would be a bit ridiculous for xbox owners to have the opportunity to watch sky in another room for free but none xbox owners would have to pay £10/m for multiroom?

It's hardly a surprise is it!

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
Noticed its on the 360 marketplace now :)!!. However, it doesn't load for me at all & comes up with error 0C01/0000/2EE2

Iis anyone else having any problems?.

BMW F31
^yes exact same problem lol.

guess they're either getting flooded with people checking it out or some other issue?

the sky player website has a dns error too lol.

Astra CDTI SRI
Microsoft has finally revealed the price of access to the Sky Player which has launched today on the Xbox 360 in the UK.

Most importantly you'll be needing a Gold membership (£39.99 a year). The basic Sky pack called 'Entertainment' begins at £15 including G.O.L.D, Sky Real Lives, Sky Arts 1, Sky News and MTV One.

Alongside that for boffins is National Geographic, Nat Geo Wild, History and Eden (not the garden). If you are into sport you can grab Sky Sports News, British Eurosport and ESPN Classics.

And for the kiddies is Cartoon Network, Boomerang, Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and Nick Jr.

If you want to fork out more, you can do with prices as listed below:

* £25 - Sky Sports 1 OR Sky Sports 2 + Sky Sports Xtra
* £34 - Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 + Sky Sports Xtra
* £24 - Sky Movies Screen 1 OR Screen 2
* £32 - Sky Movies Screen 1 + Screen 2
* £33 - One movie channel + one sports channel + Sky Sports Xtra
* £38 - One movie channel + all sports channels, OR vice versa, + Sky Sports Xtra
* £41 - All sports and movie channels
* From £9 per month extra - ESPN

The on-demand content will include both 'paid-for' and free episodes of programming, with pricing starting from £1.

For those lucky enough to afford Sky already, the on-demand content will be available for those who already subscribe to the channels. And if you have Sky Multiroom or Sky Unlimited Broadband, you can get live channels as well.

That bundle pack we revealed the other week, is priced at £29.99 with a three-month Gold sub, a one month subscription to Sky Player and a Media remote.

You can find out more on Sky.com and we'll hopefully bring you a hands on soon

Last edited:
So having read all this... your xbox is running as a sky box and costs the same per month to watch what I already can on my sky box?

Motorbikes
Pretty much, but this will be useful for those who live in abuilding which are not permitted to have a sky dish etc.