ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Package Set up

1.8 Civic EX
Hopefully someone here might be able to shed some light on this one for me...

Just moved into a new build block of flats that has been wired up for Sky and a communal dish on the roof.

We have sigend up with Sky for Sky+, broadband and the phone line.

The guy came round yesterday to "install" the Sky+HD box which basically consisted of plugging it in the wall :rolleyes:

Here are the questions:

Now the box has been installed, how long does it normally take before having the bits I need for the broadband and phone line to be set up?

I still can't watch Sky . Even the guy installing it couldn't work it out. Input 1 has 0 signal/quality and is "not locked" yet input 2 is fine (signal/quality at about 75%) and locked is "OK" (I've tried swapping the cables around but gives the same result, the engineer also tried a different Sky box with the same result)

Now I don't really know what any of that means but when selecting a channel it simply says no signal with an error number 25.

The guy didn't know what to do so he left us with the box plugged in etc. We have contacted the developers of the block of flats and they are going to send the electrician round (not sure what he will do?!?)

I've also seen some info on the net regards "resetting the LMB", again not sure what this is or even if I should go ahead as it's a communal dish and I know there are others in the block that can recieve Sky.

For skyplus you need 2 feeds but you can set your skyhd box to use single feed.

Resetting the LMB will achieve nothing. When you change channel/select different chanel it will crash as there is no feed. viewing the planner uses the available feed so selecting a program will try to use the feed that isn't in use thus crashing the box.

1.8 Civic EX
hmmm I guess switching to a single feed would be worth a go as a temp fix untill it's sorted properly. I'm beginning to thing the wall socket hasn't been wired up properly.

I'll try switching to a single feed and if that doesn't work then I guess that will confirm that it's a wiring issue in the wall.

Also why has this been moved to the Phones and Internet sub forum?!?!? lol

hmmm I guess switching to a single feed would be worth a go as a temp fix untill it's sorted properly. I'm beginning to thing the wall socket hasn't been wired up properly.

I'll try switching to a single feed and if that doesn't work then I guess that will confirm that it's a wiring issue in the wall.

Also why has this been moved to the Phones and Internet sub forum?!?!? lol

If you are getting a signal lock on one port then there is nothing wrong with the socket in the wall. Unless you have 2 coax cables coming from the wall?

A skybox set up to work on 2 feeds will no function on 1 feed.

1.8 Civic EX
yup, 2 cables from the wall, Sat1 and Sat2

Assuming as it says Input 1 with no signal and input 2 with signal would sugest that Sat1 (on the wall socket) is knackered...

yup, 2 cables from the wall, Sat1 and Sat2

Assuming as it says Input 1 with no signal and input 2 with signal would sugest that Sat1 (on the wall socket) is knackered...

Yeah that would be correct. Either that or its not actually patched in to anything at the other end.

Ford Fiesta ST2
As a quick check try changing the Sat1 and Sat2 cables over at the wall socket and check on the sky box if the signal changes over. That will confirm it's a fault with either the wall socket, or the other end of the cable that's at the distributor from the sky dish. Once thats done unscrew the wall socket and check the Sat1 on the back of the socket to see if there looks to be any issues there.

1.8 Civic EX
already swapped the cables around and it gives the same result (original post ;))

I'll try changing the box in the settings to a single feed later (assuming I can revert it back to dual feed afterwards?!) and if it still doesn't work then I'll take the socket off the wall and have a nose

1.8 Civic EX
just thinking about this as it's still not working.

The dish was put up before all the snow etc, to my knowledge none of the other residents have sky yet so can't compare but could it not be that the dish has simply moved a bit due to the weight of the snow?

1.8 Civic EX
further developments if anyone can help...

Randomly turned it on last night and now some channels are actually working! But not all the ones I'm subscribed for even basic channels like BBC1,2, ITV and channel 4 still don't work. But Channels that do work are like Sky1, channel one, Gold and a few others....

any sugestions?