ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky vs Virgin Media

I am fine with Virgin getting rid of Sky sports news and sky one... because i have got freeview built into my tv, and both channels are still avalible on freeview atm!

'At the moment' being the key part of that post! Do we know when they get switched off from Freeview yet? June 1st rings a bell.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Ah right, sounds good, calculating bandwidth on your computer. More accurate an stuff

Renault Clio, 216 Tomcat
if virgin is so good then y are they realising their f**k up tho and now being forced into letting custtomers leave because they did put them into a contract that now they cant honour. and as well the fact that alot of the channels on the cable are from sky too.i have had both provioders and personally found cable the worst decision i made because all i ever got was 2 out 3 of my services none ever all worked att eh same time..i was conned as well by beiong told a price then the bills i got were alot higher because of box rental and things they never told me about.the difference tho between the two is even from an outsiders point of veiw is u get more for less with sky..as more channels wireless,b/b, free calls and things where as with cable u have to pay more..even virgins advertisiing was a load of lies tho..its 26 quid for sports when in reality ir worked out 40 -50 quid because of all the other services u had to take with it..i wouldnt go back to cable along with alot of folk i know..at the end of the day virgin is still ntl/ telewest and its still s***e.

Monaro VXR
coming from a guy who works for sky and deoes know whats going on. virgin decided they ddint want to renew the contract with ourselve and also.. virgin is still ntl as ntl bought over virgin mobile and sir richard branson is letting them use the virgin trademark for the next 30 years as he also has a 11% stake in ntl now. arguement settled i presume..aand if you go to ntl/virgin wot do u expect they are sh**e. we supply more channels and also fone and b/b at a cheaper rate .. there advertising is sh**e as they dont include p[rice for their equiptment hire and things whereas we do tell u that.:rasp::rasp::rasp:

Sky BB may be cheaper but it's f**king pants, you don't get anywhere near the alleged 16mb, most my mates has been is 6mb as I've been trying to get the POS working properly all week. 50k downloads at worst too... TV is much better though...

... on another note are you on comission or something? lol

That can be due to where your local exchange is. Im on an 8mbit package form eclipse which are one of the best providers in the country due to my distance form the exchange i cant even get 5mbit. Yet at my old apartment i got the full 8mbit.

Its more dependant on where you live and the quality of your phone lines some of the places even tell you what your likely to get speed wise in your location I knew I would be getting a max of 5mbit before I ordered.

And video on demand via sky all it requires of the phone line is a small few second call to get the information to descramble the picture thats about it. It then hangs up the phone and you watch the TV. Nothing major. Personally I prefer sky to cable.

Rumour has it that Virgin Broadband will be offering a 20Mb in place of the current 10Mb from the 14 Apr.

I have Sky TV in the house but I'd happily get rid of it.

Cooper S JCW
We are in 2 minds about whether to stay with Virgin Media or change over to Sky

We currently have B/Band - TV package (sport + movies) - phone line with Virgin media for £64 per month

Looking at the Sky website we can get Sky+ - sports/movies - installation/box (£159 install fee) giving a monthly rate of £41.50 + £11 BT line rental

Is this the best deal or can we get install free or try to get Virgin Media to beat it?

Thanks for your help

Leon Cupra
Rumour has it that Virgin Broadband will be offering a 20Mb in place of the current 10Mb from the 14 Apr.

I have Sky TV in the house but I'd happily get rid of it.

yup they sent me a letter today. should be able to download a "DVD sized file;)" in about 40 mins