ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media TV Anywhere (+ TiVo iOS app) Launched

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I know there are a few VM customers on here so this may be of interest. VM's TV Anywhere service has been launched. Allows you to watch live TV (albeit a limited selection just now) and on demand content on your PC or mobile device. Along with that there is an iOS app for those with TiVo. I've been having a play about and it's quite good. Going to fire out tomorrow for a length of CAT5 cable to hook our TiVo up to the router. Will be able to make full use of the app then.

Anyway, links with more info below.

http://anywhere.virginmedia.com

https://www.virginmedia.com/redir/ios/download/

Got Virgin Media: TiVo® Service on your telly? Meet Virgin TV Anywhere. It lets you watch live TV, wherever you connect to WiFi, on your iPad, iPod touch or iPhone. What’s more, you can manage your recordings on the move, as well as search, browse, discover and share what you’re watching. Plus, you can use it at home as a clever remote control and keep everyone happy.

Features:
• Watch live TV on the move, when you’re connected to WiFi
• Browse the TV guide to see what’s on, up to 14 days in the future, and browse shows from up to 7 days ago
• Set recordings for TV shows, movies and even Series Links
• Browse and manage your recordings in My Shows
• Speed up the way you search and browse. Use your device’s keypad, rather than the remote
• Share what you’re watching or planning to watch on Facebook and Twitter
• Find out more about the cast and crew.
• At home, transform your device into a second TV screen or a clever remote control

Here's what you'll need to use this app:
• An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with WiFi internet and a TiVo® box

And to use it at home:
• Simply connect your TiVo® box to your router or Super Hub using an Ethernet cable or Powerline kit
• Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the same home network via Wi-Fi

LY 182
Cheers for this. Not sure how much I'll be able to make use of it though. Got the TiVo box in my room so no chance of connecting it up to the router.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
You can still set recordings without the TiVo being connected to the router. You just can't use the app as a remote or stream content to an iOS device. That's my understanding anyway, and how it's working for me at the moment.

LY 182
Yeah I just whacked it on the iPhone and couldn't do an awful lot haha.

Annoying that it requires to be set up like that. Not sure why it is either, I'm sure Sky's equivalent requires no such hassle.