ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Skype business

Rav4
Hi,

Do any of you use Skype at work?

Some employees would like this feature, but I am unsure about it.

The reason for it, is to join conference calls with some of their clients who are on Skype and maybe video conferencing.

Would like your thoughts if possible, such as deployment/user management ?

Thanks,

​G

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I use it all the time at work. VOIP seems to be very popular now in the bizness world.

Saying that we now mostly use FaceTime as its a lot more stable - but that requires two Iphones / Ipads.

Rav4
We have an Avaya IP office and we use this for all our calls.

However, this is an addition to that.

For those that use it all the time at work, is it used as your main inbound/outgoing call device?

Agreed on Facetime, Skype since acquired by MS has certainly demonstrated a degraded service.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
We have an Avaya IP office and we use this for all our calls.

However, this is an addition to that.

For those that use it all the time at work, is it used as your main inbound/outgoing call device?

Agreed on Facetime, Skype since acquired by MS has certainly demonstrated a degraded service.

We just use it for chat and video calling employees that work in Spain. Easier than sending emails, quieter than shouting each other!

Rav4
We use Avaya as well.

Only use Skype / FaceTime for pre-arranged calls. Mostly conference calls. I find it a bit awkward one on one.

Cool, do you have it connected with Avaya, or use it standalone?

I have registered to the business account, so will create some users and test out.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks all,

​G.

Rav4
Standalone - just easier that way. Recommendations for.....?

Managing skype within the business.

Are you creating a business account, then creating the employee business skype accounts, or linking them with their personal accounts?

Do you have dedicated "skype" hardware, or just use the phones (latter would seem)

Thanks,

​G

banther

ClioSport Club Member
NO dedicated hardware.

We are just left to deal with it how we wish. We dont have uniform usernames on there. It was pretty easy to get the company name though - Ollie@companyname for example.

We All have it on our desktops - laptops - mobiles - tablets and just use as and when.

Saying that I work for a company that for example doesnt check web history / email as we are all trusted. Might not be the same everywhere, I understand.

Nissan 350z
Id recommend Microsoft Lync if you are wanting something for voice/screen sharing in a business environment. It works very well, and its integration with Outlook and so on is very handy too, so being able to schedule meetings is a doddle.

We also have an Avaya IP office which is used for calls, we do use Skype internally for some Instant messaging or small group calls inside developer teams, for video conferencing we have a Lifesize System upstairs hooked into the VoIP system and some Polycom Telepresence software for individual laptops that can also join the Lifesize.

E39 530i
Id recommend Microsoft Lync if you are wanting something for voice/screen sharing in a business environment. It works very well, and its integration with Outlook and so on is very handy too, so being able to schedule meetings is a doddle.

Yeah I agree here Microsoft Lync is very good. Way forward it think.