ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slammed on vmaxx

Charged Superleggera
nope adjusters are still on mate, wound all teh way down though but it does sit lowww.

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
5mm iirc, the guys who fitted mine wanted to take them out but then again we couldnt get it off the ramp because it was so low at first. Just stick 3 people and a boot load of heavy things like I did if you want to go low. I think I was driving on the bumpstops in that pic.

Charged Superleggera
lol that was mental low. ive noticed that they are very soft springs so even with one person in the back will make it sit alot lower on the back

Yeah, also be careful on the fronts too, I had mine far too low and now need new archliners all round after a day of spirited driving!

Charged Superleggera
lol my arch liners are long gone. removed them when i fitted the coilovers. so have you managed to get a washer/plate for the rear shocks made up?

Nope, running on standards untill V-Maxx get their imporved ones made up and shipped out to me, bouncy ride ftw!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Sound like a bargain! I'd be interested to hear a more long term review of them. one thing I love coming from the mk1s is the nice comfy ride with the 172, just doesn't handle as well as the willy did though, was considering some coilovers at standardish height to help this but don't want to miss my comfy ride!

Charged Superleggera
Sound like a bargain! I'd be interested to hear a more long term review of them. one thing I love coming from the mk1s is the nice comfy ride with the 172, just doesn't handle as well as the willy did though, was considering some coilovers at standardish height to help this but don't want to miss my comfy ride!

in that case you shoudl give sportlines a try as ive heard they are very good springs in terms of handling

What's up with the front bumper mate? Is that where you had the crash? Those wheels really suit the car :)

Charged Superleggera
yeh bumper is a right mess from the wee bump i had. got new bumper, wings and sidskirts to go on hopefully new next month. yeh i love the wheels as well but its a shame im gonna have to get ride of them :( as the ofset makes them rub against the bumper so ive got turini's to replace them :)

clio 172 sport
mmmmmm coilovers..... lol just bought a ph2 172 last week, v-maxxs ordered, here in a week or so cant wait. silver car and dark grey 182 rims... pics soon. lovin the ride mate and lovin the lights dunno what people are on about

Adz

Work van
Hey firas do you have to have custom spring made up for the v-maxx kit when it come out the box it only goes 70mm on the front and 60mm on the back if i changed the springs could i go lower if yes how low should i get the springs front and back ?

Charged Superleggera
mmmmmm coilovers..... lol just bought a ph2 172 last week, v-maxxs ordered, here in a week or so cant wait. silver car and dark grey 182 rims... pics soon. lovin the ride mate and lovin the lights dunno what people are on about

your gonna be in for a nice surprise with the vmaxx coilovers. they are really good for the money. cheers mate. yeh the rear lights have grown on me and they do lookk better in the flesh as well IMO

Hey firas do you have to have custom spring made up for the v-maxx kit when it come out the box it only goes 70mm on the front and 60mm on the back if i changed the springs could i go lower if yes how low should i get the springs front and back ?

dont need to change the front springs mate. although it says that the front only go to 70mm in fact they go much looooowwwer than that. i would say around 110mm but you will never be able to go that low. mines at the front is sitting at around 90mm which is the most that you could possibly go as on some occassions i get the tyres slightly scrubbing against the front wheel arch(not the plastic arch liner as ive removed that but the actual metal arch but this is very slight so doesnt bother me.)

as for the rears then you can just get them made up from coilsprings or chewitt on here can get you some made up. they wont be adjustable though at the back.

car looks great, best rep on here imo

cheers mate. appreciated:)

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Changed quite a bit since this thread...

P5160261.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=432199

Charged Superleggera
lol get it done. cheers mate. yeh alot of work has been done since the first pics on the thread so has changed alot since then.

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
i put mine down all the way at the back and it just sits on my tyres its reall annoying, gonna have to get arches rolled :(

Charged Superleggera
i put mine down all the way at the back and it just sits on my tyres its reall annoying, gonna have to get arches rolled :(

thats the problem i had with my old alloys. thats why i got the turini's as their offset isnt as wide. i wouldnt advise you to get your arches rolled though mate as ive asked about it and was told you will dmage the rear pannels