ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight discrepancy between speedo and C/C

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe this is common.... I now see a slight discrepancy between the indicated 'speedo' speed and the Cruise Control setting, only about 2 MPH -example. set to 30 MPH on cruise control, and car will attain/show 32 MPH on speedo, this seems to have happened over the last year or so, previously this was spot on, any thoughts?
Not a big deal I know, but just wondering if there is a simple fix like a 'reset' procedure.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The CC will be more accurate than the Speedo (it is in my case anyway) but I'm not sure if there's a way to reset it. I believe it'll partly come down to tyre Size,wheel Size, tyre pressures etc.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
The CC will be more accurate than the Speedo (it is in my case anyway) but I'm not sure if there's a way to reset it. I believe it'll partly come down to tyre Size,wheel Size, tyre pressures etc.

OK Louis' thanks for reply.
If C/C perhaps gets data from ABS rings and speedo from final drive - these two must be mechanically linked anyway, so thinking about it - speedometer mechanism is over-reading, I feel relieved....and can sleep at night knowing I wasn't exceeding the speed limit.:innocent:

But still want to know if it possible to adjust?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's intentional. A speedo must overread by law so most manufacturers add a couple of mph offset to the actual speed, which is what the CC shows. Pretty sure you can't change it.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
It's intentional. A speedo must overread by law so most manufacturers add a couple of mph offset to the actual speed, which is what the CC shows. Pretty sure you can't change it.
Yeah, thanks, I can see that there could be an in-built margin for error, however, at one time both c/c & speedo were in unison throughout the speed range, so wondered why that changed, mechanically is much the same e.g. wheels/tyres, only springs were changed during the period mentioned and I can't see how that would make any difference

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Yes, my speedo out by about 4mph at 100mph, compared to a sat nav (Track confirms)
Never seen a speedo yet that is accurate