ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight hesitation from cold

Clio 182 Cup
Sometimes when I driver off from cold, the car is a bit hesitant as you accelerate. Even if you get up to a steady speed it is still not quite right. It is not that bad and not really noticeable. It doesn't always do it and never does it if the car is already warm. Any ideas?

Thanks

Clio 182 sport
Have you had your spark plugs changed ever? Might be misfiring when cold, let it warm up and you'll be fine, should do this anyways so you don't f**k the engine pal!

Clio 182 Cup
Plugs, leads and coil pack all fairly recent. Driving a car from cold will not do any damage so long as u don't hammer it everywhere.

RB 182
Its totally normal, they all run a bit s**tty from cold for the first 30 seconds or so mate something to do with the mapping IIRC.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Ive found this too, today when pulling off the drive it feels a bit hesitant. Theres enough power, but you can just tell its not quite "right" but then it'll clear and be fine. Saying that where it wouldnt idle when you first switched on, it tried to sit at 500rpm, fired up OK on the next crank. Only did this when it was really really hot outside over the past two weeks

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's normal. These are shote from cold... Although if these only take 30 seconds to warm up that's amazing!

Drive a mk3 from cold. It's enough to reduce you to tears! They rev, high but a little slow... But no matter where they are in the rev range, they will not pick up pace until they're warm.

Mine doesn't go above 3krpm until the oil temp arrow/line/indicator is vertical lol!

Clio 182 Cup
Thanks for your comments, that's reassuring! I've noticed that the idle isn't brilliant to. Not particularly lumpy but just not as smooth as other cars I've had.