ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight knock when pulling away

Mk1 16v brooklands
If i pull off at normal speed or quickly theres a slight knock from up front. Only noticed it the other day its very quiet but now i know its there its annoying.

I guess its a mount of some sort :s

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
Does it do it at the exact same time you've brought the clutch up?

Mk1 16v brooklands
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Do you have a standard or modded exhaust?
Miltek catback never done it before

Does it do it at the exact same time you've brought the clutch up?
yes but it also does it if moving at maybe 5 mph and then accelerate. The clutch has done barely 8k with release bearing aswell. I doubt its clutch related. But could be wrong
[/FONT]

Does it do the same knock when you brake sharply?
not sure ill check

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If it does it pulling away and braking I'd say check your track rod ends, if not get someone to stand outside the car and watch as you brake, go slow but brake sharply, they will see clear movement in the wheel back and forward, if they see that it's your ball joints, more than likely that the wrong one has been fitted.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Got slight play in the nearside front wheel if i wobble the wheel side to side

How do you mean side to side? Put the wheel on full lock so you can get your hand between the wheel and the arch on the side near the door. Hold the track rod end and then get someone to move the wheel in the same motion. If you can feel play in the rod end then it needs replacing.

Ph2 172
as mentioned, check engine/box mounts. check the lower gearbox mount on passenger side (underneath battery) make sure the nut is tight.

Mk1 16v brooklands
Changed the track rod ends after i found the play, ive checked mounts but its still there? Possibly arb?

Mk1 16v brooklands
Yes mate done it earlier!! Although my coilovers are making a hell of a funky noise. So im gonna invest in some new ones soon! Cars in gor tracking 2moro so im gonna get the bloke to have a look!