ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slight ticking when not moving

172 MKII FF
Hi,

My car seems to have developed a slight ticking noise. I notice it when parked up or sat at lights, don't really notice the noise when driving.

It was ticking when parked in front of the garage yesterday, so I turned the ignition off and then back on and the ticking went.

Any ideas?

Less
I have noticed a slight ticking as well... does'nt really bother me. Whens its dry i'll pop the bonnet and have a look see.

Less
seems as if the question has been answered. good start to the day LOL, but another thing to buy for the car.

172 MKII FF
Excellant, thought it was something really bad. I've just got to work and only noticed it half way there when stopped at lights, initially it wasn't making a noise when stationary, then all of a sudden it started. It really noticeable in the car and it can be heard slightly from outside.

Does anyone know how difficult these are to replace?

Less
Excellant, thought it was something really bad. I've just got to work and only noticed it half way there when stopped at lights, initially it wasn't making a noise when stationary, then all of a sudden it started. It really noticeable in the car and it can be heard slightly from outside.

Does anyone know how difficult these are to replace?

I would also like to know this, as it could be a nice little sunday afternoon project.

Quite easy to replace, but only worth it if the noise gets on your nerves. I'm quite happy with it, as it only happens occaisionally. My old Punto GT used to do it constantly!! So I got used to the noise.

172 MKII FF
Can I simply get the car to a stage where it begins to tap and unplug the connection to the cannister? Or will this cause any damage? Will any warning lights come on and if so will they go away once I plug it back in?

I just want to be sure the noise is this.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Can I simply get the car to a stage where it begins to tap and unplug the connection to the cannister? Or will this cause any damage? Will any warning lights come on and if so will they go away once I plug it back in?

I just want to be sure the noise is this.

^^ What he said.

I have a tappign noise and would be curious to see if I can get it to go away by disconnecting this canister thing.

Cheers.