ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sloppy steering on 1*2

172 ph2
Hi
After my 172 got a "punch" from a sidewalk i feel the steering is sloppy.
I should change the subframe so i did.
Now it's way better but not like before.
I feel that in high speed the steering is too sloppy.

The garage checked the car and didn't found any other problems that happened from the strike, But maybe somthing happend and he didn't found it?
Maybe the lower wishbone? Is it affect the steering?
thanks.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
And all you needed was a replacement subframe? Is the wheel buckled? Top mount gone? Wishbone bent? I highly doubt there is no other damage. In fact I'd put money on it. Get it to another garage and tell them what's happened and let them look it over. Have you had the alignment done since the accident? If not it will be out guaranteed. You will need it done

172 ph2
About 3 garages checked it.
Aligment done after changing the subframe
Nothing happen to the wishbone,but i can replace it if it's maybe the problem.
Thanks for the fast response

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It would be fairly obvious if the wishbone was bent. What about the bushes. They could be damaged? If you've had it at 3 garages though I think they would have found the problem. I thought you'd only had it at 1 garage.

172 ph2
The garages in my country are not professional enough to see if the bushes damaged. If you think it's may be the problem i will change it

172 ph2
BUMP
Ordered new original wishbones +TRW Inner & Outer tie rods + Original top struts mounts + Coilovers (Since the car is way stiffer and there is oil on the top mounts, I suspect the old coilovers are worn
Any more steering parts that i should order and the little accdient may cause them break?
Thx

Clio 182
Sliding into a kerb often puts large forces down the track rod into the steering rack. If you're still having issues after changing the stuff you've already ordered it may be damage to the rack itself.