ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Slow 2010 Macbook - What can I do to speed it up

182, SQ7, Trafic
Trying to use the Missus' MacBook and TBH, its dreadfully slow. Its nearly 18 months old and just constantly crashes.

I'm not to clued up on Mac's so wondering if there is a way similiar to the Windows Disk Cleanup or Defragment.

Any help gladly welcomed as I'm getting annoyed using it and spent £700 getting it!

Cheers
Danny

182, SQ7, Trafic
Not fully crashing, just getting the little colour wheel a lot.

Its always had its updates when needed, and running OS X.

Ill try yours Adam as looks like I won't need to download any extras, then Ill try onyx.

Cheers

182, SQ7, Trafic
RAM is standard, where do I find the Crucial System Checker?

I don't think it needs more RAM, just seems as if its got slow like a Window PC usually does after a couple years.

182, SQ7, Trafic
It's got 2GB.

Used to be used for photo editing and college work.

Now used for Facebook/Internet and occasional Excel/Word for work.

I've just done all the Onyx clean ups etc... Just done a restart and no slowness at all. Just saved 8GB so far

182, SQ7, Trafic
Can upgrade to 4GB for £25 so rude not too really.

I've done RAM upgrades on desktops before, guessing its as easy, just undoing the screws on the bottom finding old RAM pulling it out and clipping new one in?