ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

slow punctures???

LY 200
Just wondering if slow punctures get worse as time go's on. I hardely ever use the car sowas wondering if keeping them full of air would be ok??

Iv noticed my rear right has considerably less air in it than the others when i come to pump them up. I would just get a new tyre but it would be a shame as the rears are still like brand new.

Is it worth just leaving it and keeping them full, trying to get it repaired or does it look like new tyre jobby???

Cheers

Jay

Monaco Blue 172
depends whats causing it? can u see a nail or anything in? if so, get it repaired, it'll cost u less than a tenner, which for the peace of mind is a bargain! :)

u can get away with it for a while but there's always a risk of having a total blow-out... and u really dont want that!! ;)

LY 200
Na exactly what i thought fella, think il take it down the local tyre place the weekend........Just hoping i havnt done any damage to the wall, theres no bubbles there so think it should be ok!!!

Cant even see a nail so really dont know where its coming from.

Monaco Blue 172
could be a poor seal if the wheel has buckled, in which case they might not be able to fix it. but if the wheel is fine then they should be able to sort it. has it deflated completely then? i've had puncture repairs done on "flats" at least twice now and they were ok afterward, but those werent on low profile tyres! so i'm not sure... !

I had exactly the same happen to my rear right tyre. I got it repaired for a tenner. No need to buy a new one.

LY 200
Jooliona wernt totally flat mate but lets say it was on 5psi when i found it the way it was. Pumped it up to what i ususally do them at drove for a few miles, took it back to the pump and it was still full.

No problemos this morning either.....Weird!!!

standard figures should be 33f and 30r

I run mine at 35f and 32r. I find this performs alot better for fast road use.