ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SLOWEST QUARTER-MILES

Meg on pistonheads £6995

I know all you Cup & 172 owners can do 14s, 15s and 16s

But what about the rest of you - Im guessing about 18 for a dCi.

what have ppl done in old and new standard and modded 1.2s, 1.4s, 1.6s and dCis??

Renault Laguna Coupe

The 1.2 16v-ers had a great shootout at York last summer! Bambam vs Fred as I remember, and they were running around 18 seconds.

Tappd'd RS

i was gonna suggest checking out the 1/4 mile times in the members section but as far as I can see theres only 1 time of a 1.2 and not much other than 172s and valvers!

altho my valver did 1 15.9 my m8 took it 4 a run managed 2 get a 17.9 due 2 manic wheelspin that he wasnt used 2 (he drives a 1.6 corsa)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by black kro on 02 March 2004

I know all you Cup & 172 owners can do 14s, 15s and 16s
Aye, 14.5secs is my best in the Cup, but going back a few years...

Nova 1.4 SRi - 17.39secs @ 78mph ;)

Feeeeeeel the power of 1.4!!!

Nippy white cup

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 02 March 2004

i managed a 17.6 in my 172 wooo hooo lol bolloxed 2 changes lol
Who was that against I wonder......;)

That was my first race ever! The adrenaline (sp) on the line is unbelievable but once you start you cant stop!

Chris

yeah both myself and fred had a great shootout at york, 7 thousanths of a second separating our car, with my the victor at 18.062, though how we were in any fit state to drive that day i have no dea, let alone 1/4 mile race

to my knowledge, no-one has yet beat that time in a 1.2 16v, though fred will be knocking on the door

at Santa Pod, i beat a slightly modded RT by 2 hundreths of a seconds (18.3 to 18.5) and he refused to race again

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Lanky_mos on 02 March 2004

thats pretty quick for a 1.4! them bloody novas!
Yeah, it was pretty quick for a 1.4 and it was a great car!

Going back a few years now though, back when I was at Uni...

Lionel Richie

ive got slicks now BAM!!! (we were both still pissed from the night before, plus i had 17s on!!! close my friend, shame we cant rematch this year!!!!!)

i can tell you now that it is impossible for a standard 1.2 16v to get anywhere near 16 seconds

both myself and fred run with a fully stripped interior at york, and neither of us could break the 18 seconds mark, both cars were modified and produced a considerable amount of power more than standard (76.5bhp standard from mine - wore than reno quoted figure of 75bhp)

anyone who was there will tell you, i was launching beautifully all day, with my times to 60ft consistently 2.5secs, yet still never got anywhere near 17.999

yeah fred, would have been good to restart the 17sec war

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by mark_eas on 02 March 2004

i got 16 secs at santa pod lkast year in a 1.2
Impossible unless you drove off a cliff!!! (or you change the engine;))

Mine kicks out 86bhp @ fly best i did last year was 18.069 IIRC that was all day thrashing the fecking thing!!!!

You sure your reading the result from you lane and not the car you were against????

16sec is slow valver times

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

standard valver run 16s. a 1.2 aint got a prayer! My mate got a 13 sec 1/4 mile cos a bit of rubbish blew over the finish 3 seconds b4 he did lol

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

I only got down to a 18.3s, but i had full interior...Rest were 18.5s and 6s tho.

:(ooops sorry i foudn the slip it said 17. summit my mistake :confused: sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy