ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SLR??

its a good entry into slr cameras is the d40

i like canons more though hence i bought a 400d

menus will be in english out there both are cheap enough over here at the mo and you get full warranty over here

Mk4 .:R32
its a good entry into slr cameras is the d40

i like canons more though hence i bought a 400d

menus will be in english out there both are cheap enough over here at the mo and you get full warranty over here

well I think he wants to spend around the 300 mark. I suppose at the end of the day it's only a camera, for 300 quid the D40 can't be that complex and amazing lol.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
that olympus looks like a spacker camera.

get a d40 matey, they are cool toys!

1792955696_7c593f1e60.jpg

AKAIK Canon doesn't have international warranty on its bodies. Not sure about Nikon.

If he goes Canon tell him to pick up a 50 f/1.8 whilst there, dirty cheap.

Clio 182 Trophy #193
Personal preference is Canon. Each to their own tho! Best suggestion would be to have a play with them both and see which one you get on best with!

I have used Canon for the last 9 years and have quite a collection of Eos now! lol!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
There's a good exchange rate at the minute, so he should be able to grab a bargin.

M135i
Ive got the D40, dont know why, but didnt like the set out of the canon. Canon for the choice of lenses though!

28 f/1.8 USM and 85 f/1.8 USM always found nifty to long or two short, have today completed my lens addicti..sorry collection..until next week anyway...

Attachments

• IMG_4093-Small.jpg
    IMG_4093-Small.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 38
D

dick

the xxxd canons are too small for my hands, and ive got kiddy hands. god knows how people with normal size hands cope.

nikons fit better in your hand, (or the other canons, 30d / 40d - and 1d/5d etc)

id personally go for the d80, much nicer than d40.

Monaco 172
mind if i hijack briefly...? good.

when taking a photo on the d40 and the screen flashes where the image is very bright, what does this mean and how can you sort it out? cheers

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
It means that the area which is flashing is blown out, bassically all of the possible texture of the area is lost.

there are quite a few ways to over come blown out pictures, essetially you want to let less light to hit the sensor, one option is to step up the shutter prioty to reduce to time that the shutter is open.

Have a look at a few of the forums for advice on getting the right exposure. it just a case of trial and error.

Monaco 172
i thought it was a simple enough question really. someone answer it anyway.

manual said if it happens push the direction button, which brings up this graph. im new to this camera so yes at the minute im playing, jus thought it might have been easy enough for someone to explain it briefly.

the graph is the histogram it tells you about the image and where its under or over exposed or if its correctly exposed