ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Small jobs advice for a Mk2 Ph1...

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
Hi guys.

Due to some circumstantial changes, the Clio had to be put on the back burner a bit. It's great as a little run-about, so haven't been to bothered about tinkering with it that much. But due to the sale of my 480T, and not replacing it (house deposit on the cards), i'm getting a little twitchy. I need to be doing something!

For the sake of the post, the Clio in question can be seen here. There are a few things i can do myself anyway. Lowering is on the cards, about 40mm hopefully. It's had the bumper/door strips colour coded too.

I plan to fit a set of the double optic headlights, and i've found the guide for those on the site. However, i'd also like to fit front fogs, but can't seem to find a guide to do it. The Clio is only a 1.2 RN, so it is poverty spec. There's no wiring for fogs at all! So, i know i'll need the indicator stalk with fog switch, the foglights (obviously). But thats as far as my knowledge spans. Does anybody else know what else is required for the 'conversion'?

Also, i'd like to change the rear spoiler. I don't want anything stupid-i'd like a longer one, like the sort you find on the Ph2 Dynamique models, that has the 'smoked' brake light. I'm fed up with having to use 'Back to Black' on it too, so i want a painted one. Because i'm not investing in any more 'Ornage Nash' spray paint, i'll just be doing it gloss black and lacquering it-keeps in with the dark glass and won't look too out of place. The only hang up i have about this is fitment. Will the Ph2 rear spoiler fit the Ph1? Is there any difference in the shape of the tailgate once the spoiler's removed?

I'm sure there was something else, but it escapes me at the moment!
Dan :)

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Can't really help with the fogs, but i can tell you that the spoiler is just a straight swap. Very easy.

Also a note about the dual optic headlights. Before you buy anything, make sure you have the wiring in the fuse box for a fuse to be plug into. Contrary to the guide, not all clios have the correct wiring.

Clio Mk 2 Ph1
Ah, cheers for that. Would have been a pain if i'd have started and not realised! That ought to be added to the 'How To' really i suppose. I'll have to have a look next time it's out of the garage!

I'm not even that fussed about dual optics, but i'm put off the standard headlights because they seem to go yellow/matte over a period of time, and it looks bloody awful!

The other thing i forgot that has come back to me is this Megane splitter thing. We've taken the rubber strip off the Clio at the moment because it appears to have split and was hanging off on one side. Is there a specific Meg that the splitter has to come from? It looks far better than the standard rubber thing anyway-although i'm only considering it because ours has been removed.

Cheers for the info!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
You wanna get a mk1 meggy splitter (i hear they can be a mare to fit). I dunno if mk2 ones fit - I haven't seen it done.