ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Small mod today.

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
Finished work early today and had the afternoon to myself. Decided to wash and wax the car then thought i would do something with the crappy front speakers!

I've had a pair of vibes speakers laying around for a few months and decided to make them fit in the tiny factory speaker holes. It isn't the most tidy of mods but it only took me about 40 mins to fit both, plus it was getting very dark and have work alot to do tomorrow:rasp:

Mega powerful speakers
g001.gif

The bit that needs removing
g002.gif

Couldn't be bothered with a dremel:eek:
g003.gif

Finished:)
g004.gif

I also used a 5mm thick piece of foam around the whole edge of the speaker to seal it nicely to the plastic.

Never above 25mpg
LOL Looks like you got a lighter and melted the plastic off!

My little 13cm Alpines work wonders

1/4 mile 14.9 @ 92mph
All wrong, a pair of snips!!

I just cut it then twisted the plastic lol. I couldn't be botherd with a dremel for something that will never be seen.

I put the Vibes in as i had them laying around, and they are a very good speaker too!