ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Small Spacers - Not Hubcentric?

Clio 182 FF
I thought I understood spacers, but now looking around I'm confused again :S :dapprove:. I know that above 15mm you're best using bolt-to-hub spacers, but as I'm looking below that it will be bolt-through with longer bolts (or studs) for me. Probably looking at 10mm.

Dan@M.A.D. and FK spacers seem to be the two most recommended.

M.A.D.'s bolt-through spacers are flat for 5mm and 10mm, and then are hubcentric for the bigger bolt-to-hub ones.

FK's bolt-through spacers on Venom Motorsport are flat for 3/5/8/10mm, and then have hubcentric locating rings for 13mm and 15mm (and then all the bolt-to-hub ones after that are hubcentric).

Why are the small ones only available as flat not hubcentric - I thought hubcentric was meant to be better?
And I read something about grinding down the hub flange. What's that all about?

The smaller diameter are not hubcentric (hubcentric means they have a lip in that the wheel sits on) because they are not wide enough to fit over the existing hub lip/flange
They're fine, as your wheel will still be resting on the existing flange on the hub.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
As James says, although he means thickness not diameter, if the existing hub sticks out futher than the spacer then you cant have it inside the spacer.

I'm also interested in this, so including 15mm and above it's hubcentric, right? Can anyone tell me the length bolts I'll need if I were to fit 10mm spacers?

PH2 Flamer
Lol, no worries mate. At least then you know the exact size you need.

Or just get a stud kit, then slide them over.

stanard is 26mm long (threaded part). With head 53mm ..so you need 10 mm more on the threaded side.

Clio 182 FF
Ah right. Thanks, got it now!

Doing a search found some mention of grinding down the existing hub flange... so why would someone be doing that?