ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smart TV and streaming from PC.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
OK - have a little issue that I am sure a few of you might know the answer to, after all - it is CS!

OK... I have a Billion 7600N router with 2 x PCs, 40" TV and SkyBox Ethernet'd to it.

In the kitchen we have a 22" Samsung Smart TV that is on wireless. The channel is set up for the lowest interference available.

The Issue.

The problem I am having is when watching something via DNLA (PC to TV) it'll randomly drop. Loses network connection and requires a toss about (TV off and back on). It's annoying.

BUT - watching iPlayer or YouTube videos, it's solid - doesn't drop at all. The only thing I can think of is iPlayer and alike are buffering and the streaming isn't... am I on the right tracks folks?

Lots of horror stories out there at how poor the Wi-Fi unit in the TVs are so is there a plug in alternative that's lots more up to the job if indeed it is the daft WiFi unit?

Cheers in advance folks.

Rav4
You sure it looses connection?! A quick test with a cable will illustrate if its a wireless issue or if your DLNA server is being silly.

For instance I use Plex, via WiFi, on Sony TV I use DLNA and its great. Even with 8GB files, when streaming 3D its pants. This is due to the data being transmitted is limited by the wireless capacity/bandwidth.

So, iPlayer and YouTube could be less bandwidth to your local stuff hence not cutting out...