ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smart TV's

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Are they worth the effort?

I need a 32" for the bedroom and you can get a Samsung
UE32ES5500 for under £400 now.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Depends on what you get, but they are handy.

Remember most of them need hard wiring to the internet its rare to get wifi ones.

Mito Sportiva 135
They are quite handy but I just have my PC in my room hooked up to my TV so for me there's no need! Quite handy to have in the lounge though for watching YouTube etc, the new generation of SMART tvs though are pretty clever, but as always you have to ask how many of the features you will actually use.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I could always get a standard TV and something like Apple TV to go with it, but I don't want another remote etc.

Mito Sportiva 135
Get a unified remote if that's your concern mate, you can even get a unified remote app for your android or iPhone now which you can control everything with!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You don't even need to do that with an apple tv. It lets you use the existing TV remote to control it.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
most of them are wireless? - ALL sony smarts are anyways

Is that a question or a statement. i'd say less than 10% are wireless. So 90% qualifies as being most.

ALL Sony smart TV's are wireless is incorrect, they aren't.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
If you read the small print, it usually says 'wifi enabled' however you still need to buy a wifi dongle for it. There aren't many TV's with wifi built in (not low budget ones anyway)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Even the top end Panny 2011 plasmas weren't wifi, only the new 2012 range is (should be as my VT50 cost £1900)

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Parents have just bought a 32 inch samsung led. you need a wifi dongle for that which can be picked up pretty cheap.
My d8000 has it built in :)