ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smashed cars post your piccys

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Makes you think, doesnt it? Not all refurbed cars are going to be top-drawer quality and clearly some will be botched jobs.

I wonder how many weekend repaired cars are out there on the roads?

Sad to see a broom yellow GT in such a state....

D.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 24 June 2005

Makes you think, doesnt it? Not all refurbed cars are going to be top-drawer quality and clearly some will be botched jobs.

I wonder how many weekend repaired cars are out there on the roads?

Sad to see a broom yellow GT in such a state....

D.

Yup - i was gutted. 70 mph rear end shunt on the m1

Suzuki SV1000S

Quote: Originally posted by biglunn on 24 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by George16v on 24 June 2005

My Old Cup, written off at 700 miles!!

No airbags deployed and the wheels are pointing straight even though the steering wheel is on full lock left

http://www.cliosport.net/members/photos/TPREJNUHRV.jpg
This one looks fixable. Im wondering why such a new car would have been written off. Are 172s particularly expensive to repair?
I have got more pics somewhere, But the offside is completely smasked in were I slide along a ditch, Roof is caved in as I went under a barbed wire fence, Both pillars are squashed, real mess - Will look for other pics later

Lionel Richie

about 110mph down an A road, lost control, hit the curb, flipped into air, hit tree (6ft up the trunk) whilst upside down, rolled about another 3-4 times and then landed on roof!!!

he broke both his wrists (pro photographer) and had a cut on his head

shame really, as that car had about £4K under the bonnet!!!

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 25 June 2005

about 110mph down an A road, lost control, hit the curb, flipped into air, hit tree (6ft up the trunk) whilst upside down, rolled about another 3-4 times and then landed on roof!!!

he broke both his wrists (pro photographer) and had a cut on his head

shame really, as that car had about £4K under the bonnet!!!
at least he lived. The clio can take some beatins but i think thats about as much as it can take before any death or serious injury occurs.

lucky bloke.

btw would a full roll cage have helped ??

i remember seeing the pics of roamers car at the time - still makes me cringe seeing them (a very lucky escape by the looks of it)

Paul172cup your cup was the nuts, i loved the mods you did to it, before it was mashed.