ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smearing from window wipers

Looking for a Clio Sport
Does anyone suffer from this problem?
Iv got Bosch wipers on my 1.6 clio Dynamique+ and were coming back into the rainy weather and this morning was really bad.
I could hardly see out the front windscreen, every time the wipers were on they would smear the windows up!!

Do you think its maybe the type of design of wipers? i have a halfords but they just sell their own brand or Bosch.

Can anyone help, thanks

saxo

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Wipe your screen with vinegar, cleans off grease etc.

If this don't help get new ones.

106 GTi
Also clean the wiper blades themselves, I use AG Glass Polish on both the front screen and wiper blades.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Mine is doing this slightly, making me want to change to flat blades.....

But wldn't vinegar make the screen smell a bit??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^ Yeah , and it'll make you want a bag o' chips ;) Lots of window cleaners , like windolene are vinegar ( acetic acid ) based .

Flat blades will be the same, they are better at wiping the window but still pick up the grease off the window and need cleaning the same.

Looking for a Clio Sport
so where does this grease come from? i dont recall my car going thru a grease car wash lol

any ideas where you get these blades from?

Just general shite thats kicked up off the road. Do a search for wipers been done a few times, ebay probably best bet.

Tappd'd RS
I find AutoGlym Fast Glass does the trick.

As many have said - make sure you give the blades a good clean and check for any obvious signs of wear and tear.

Looking for a Clio Sport
thing is i just bought them about 3 months ago, surely they wouldnt be bust already.
Ill have a look at the blades tonight, maybe go to halfrauds and get new ones

guess, but yal be wrong
it happens on my clio, and the wipers are the wipers put on the car by renault, so it might just be the design of the car, although my smearing is minimal

Looking for a Clio Sport
Right i bought new Bosch ones and i also cleaned the dam windows on a rather cold night with warm water and vinegar (mothers recommendation) lol
and i used newspaper to wipe the window afterwards.

Its still smearing !! what could it be? :dapprove:

Looking for a Clio Sport
No its not fixed god dam it !!

Bloody started raining yesterday and the smearing was terrible, every time the window wiper swooshed it left the smear marks, i even tried using the window wash to get rid.....nothing worked

why is this? iv nver had this problem with my other cars, i used vinegar and made sure the windows were majorly clean and the wipers.

isnt it the blades? i think i need new ones,mine does the same, maybe not as bad, but the windscreen dsnt get wiped clear enough for me to see 100%

Looking for a Clio Sport
Just bought new ones, i put on brand new bosch blades.

do you think its something to do with the bit that helps it push down in the wind or whatevr its called? lol

Less
give the windscreen and actual clean as well with a little fairy liquid. Just something to break the grease down.

Scenic 1.9Dci 120
Does both of them do it? i have a similar problem with only my driver one, the one with the linkage on it. Its fine going up, but coming down leaves smears. Ive also noticed the wiper hits the bonnet every other time so i think i have a problem in the linkage, although it has been replaced :S and did not fix the problem. Its been into the dealers 4 times now with the problem and it still happens. Looking at other scenics i have noticed my driver wiper sits lower when parked than the rest. Im going to take it apart myself very soon as its driving me crazy, may be somthing noticeable when its all apart lol

Looking for a Clio Sport
Yeh your right, its only the drivers side that does this problem! its really bad smearing in the morning also, i look out the passenger side and its clear as day.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
well the drivers on the uk is the passengers in france, thats why the pansengers screen clears faster than the drivers. it could be to do with the augmentor, which make the wiper clear a little bit more on the drivers side, i'm sure it disrupts the wipers flow.

you could also using a higher concentration in your screen wash, i get problems with smearing but i have quite ha high concentration in my screen wash which cuts through it quite well. and i have boshe flatties too and they are alot better than the standars ones.

Looking for a Clio Sport
how much would it cost to change over to the flattie ones? is it dear?

i cant believe how bad it is, why would they do this when they know we drive on the right.....in fact why do they do it anyway, surely with all renaualt tests they should make sure it doesnt do this.

Scenic 1.9Dci 120
I already have the flat ones and it still smears, im convinced its something loose or worn like a washer giving extra movement. No matter what stuff i put in the washer bottle it doesnt change, plus i got a new windscreen about 2 months ago and its still doing it. I even bought the haynes book so i can take it apart soon to try and see what the crack is. If i get it resolved you'll be the first to know saxo_appeal

Looking for a Clio Sport
Anyone yet? lol

This smearing is pretty dangerous you know, i was coming home from dundee and it was raining, the smearing was really bad every time the window wipers were moving, i had to drive slowly in the dark.

Mine are crap - I have taken the wipers off and cleaned them with fairy liquid and il also done the screen with AG glass polish to hopefully sort it.