ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smoke coming from the 172 when cold?

ibiza cupra
when first started it is like this
[youtube]qNJpS1EU-rY[/youtube]

but when its warmed up its like this
[youtube]-EI1SwPaYQ0[/youtube]

any ideas what it could be?
oh and sorry for the crappy phone vids.

Mk5 golf gti
have you got a decat
but either way its just normal lol they dont run perfect cold lol
mine is alot worse though wit the decat an 2.5" pipe

ibiza cupra
yeah, i have a silenced de cat and a strait through 2.5" exhust as well. phew (wipes sweat from brow) :approve:

could be stem seals, like that on cold start then normaly clear once warmed up. also does it do it once warmed up under hard accelration?

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
i was going to post a thread about this tonight, mine produces loads of smoke/steam even when warm..........was in a queue with around 15 cars around me tonight and as far as i could tell only mine was billowing out the smoke.........standard exhaust with cat
god forbid if i give it some wellie i can't see out of the rear view mirror for all the smoke

ibiza cupra
not sure about it doing it on hard accelration. if it is the stem seals, is it likley to f**k anything up?

Mk5 golf gti
naah i blame the cat.mines always like that with the cat
thats why its goin back on this week lol
then back on in summer

probs the cat then. well one way to tell if its the cat get a straight through decat and see if the same