ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoke

Clio 182
For some reason i get big puffs of white smoke when i floor my car after about 30 mins of driving normally i.e on motorways at about 70mph then as soon as i slow down and floor it from stand still i see big puffs of smoke out the bag any ideas what this is?

R35 GTR
exhaust? What sort of smoke? I get loads of steamy looking smoke out back of mine when flooring it.

When its cold you'll get water vapour out the back from the exhaust system, but this will go when its warmed up, defo shouln'dt get any when tehcar is warm.

If the head gasket has gone check for loss of coolant/oil and mayo liek substance under the oil filler cap, and an oily residue in the header tank, and ofc white smoke from the warm car out the exhaust

Clio 182
headgasket after 7,000 miles? im sure it is just water/petrol or something collecting in the exhaust because it doesnt do it every time, just once in a while.