ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smokey Valver

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
:( my valver is definately not well. when i put my foot down i have been told my car lets out a cloud of black smoke. i have not noticed this myself its just been a few people following me that have commented. the engine has not lost and power and runs fine.

anyone got any ideas?

Does it *always* do it? Or just odd times?

And how big is a "Cloud of black smoke"? Heh. As in, fills the whole road? :p

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
no its every now and again. nah the cloud doesnt fill the road it just makes me car vanish lol.

its only started doing it recently and all i have done to the car is changed the plugs and fitted a superchip decat

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
sounds like burning oil to me?

getting in by either worn piston rings, bent valves... allthough is it very black, its usally blue when burning oil

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
SamboRT said:
sounds like burning oil to me?

getting in by either worn piston rings, bent valves... allthough is it very black, its usally blue when burning oil

ouch!!! sounds expensive

lol because he doesnt know what hes on about.

basically black smoke is a sign of over fueling or the wrong mixture. Blue smoke is a sign of burning oil. and bent valves wouldt let in oil. valve stem oil seals would.

dyp

MK1 CLIO TURBO!!
Danlp6 said:

basically black smoke is a sign of over fueling or the wrong mixture. Blue smoke is a sign of burning oil. and bent valves wouldt let in oil. valve stem oil seals would.

Well hopefully it is an over fuelling problem maybe the power boost valve fitted by the previous owner, think a trip to rentech next week is in order

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
Danlp6 said:

i got one of them right, knew the other was something to o with valves... would have got it right if it had been later in the day... i wasnt awake!:eek:

16v Phase 1
One quick question.. Mine's got the same problem (also got a decat), but also produces smoke when you rant it and lift off...same overfueling problem.?

Scoop25 said:
One quick question.. Mine's got the same problem (also got a decat), but also produces smoke when you rant it and lift off...same overfueling problem.?

Its possible mate - its quiten common. You ahd any head work done to your valver?