ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

smoothed number plate recess??

Burgandy 174 sport t
yes or no? been thinkin about respraying the bumper to get rid of some stone chips if I keep it but should I smooth out the recess?

DSC00442.jpg

Chocolate Bar™
it would look good but its a big big arse, hence why i didnt have it smoothed out when i had my 1.2 bumper smoothed. Can guarentee it will crack and need a respray about every 6 months, even on mine where i had the inserts smoothed and properly plastic welded the filler sagged

Burgandy 174 sport t
good point middo, No plate would be goin back on though scotty!!

No worth sellin it Ali bali bee, spent too much on it now!!

I think that if you fill the recess & then put the plate back where it's meant to be it'll look rubbish, the whole idea is so that the plate doesn't stick out.

al

ST on the way...
Please don't smooth!!

It'll be the rear plate next, and a square plate screwed to the bumper.........before you know it there'll be leccy lights and mesh on it.

106 GTi
I think cars look great with no number plates, and if this was the case smoothed over recess would look good.

But when you have to have one and a plate will still need to be on there somewhere like in the p/shop of the silver one a few posts up - it will look shite.

MINI Cooper S
Dont the new clio campus things (just brand new mk2 ph2's) have a smoothed boot and the number plate is on the rear bumper? seen a few of these around...

Monaco Blue Mk2
It would look really good smoothed and with no plate, but lets be honest, it'd be very rare that you have no front plate on so not worth it IMO.

Burgandy 174 sport t
I hear what yer sayin rich I just want it too look al smooth n clean and If I done thet I wouldnt have a plate at all, until the first 30 quid fine lol

BMW 330D
As middo said if you do get it all smoothed off it will eventually start to crack and sag and will probably cost you more money than its worth imo.

Black Pearl Dynamique
If you'd never have to worry about the plate not being there, i'd do it, I think it looks mint, but it's not worth the hastle IMO