ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Smoothing Dash and Doorcards

172 Cup SOLD

Hi, just wondered if anyone had a rough idea of how much it would cost to spray a dashboard and doorcards in a 172......ideally id want them smoothed and then sprayed.......so surely this would include fibreglassing.

has anyone done this before? and if so has pics??

cheers in advance!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

i wouldnt if u have it painted so its shiney, first glimmer of sunshine u get u wont see out the window !

172 Cup SOLD

One of my mates has it his 206.......and its really not as shiny as you think....his was stupidly expensive tho as it was done at ecosse with the rest of the car!

clio 16v

dan are you off the x2c site mate?

have you spoken to K about this? the people that did his car, could def do this.

172 Cup SOLD

Quote: Originally posted by dannyboy on 26 August 2005

dan are you off the x2c site mate?

have you spoken to K about this? the people that did his car, could def do this.
yeah i am mate, why are you??

K did his own car fella........he owns Xquisite Automotive formally Type K Styling......a lot of my mates cars are going to in there over the winter, and ones in there now, so ill def be speaking to him sooner or later.......i want some exterior work done as soon as i get the car, which i need him to quote me for, if he aint too busy!

clio 16v

yes mate, ive only just joined on x2c, theres some pics of my car in the pics there (dannyboys car)

i think D class interiors did the interior?? but speak to K he can do anything he is a little genius!

172 Cup SOLD

Quote: Originally posted by dannyboy on 26 August 2005

yes mate, ive only just joined on x2c, theres some pics of my car in the pics there (dannyboys car)

i think D class interiors did the interior?? but speak to K he can do anything he is a little genius!
yeah d:class did do the interior but thats all alcantara and leather.......and its some fibreglassing id be after..........just need to know costs really!

172 Cup SOLD

Quote: Originally posted by David on 28 August 2005

my cars with k! theyre so busy bless em!
what cars that mate??

few people i know cars is in there at the mo too.......the saxo on hydros, and also the corsa on 20s, soon dels 200sx i guess!

172 Cup SOLD

yeah i spoke to a few of my mates and theyve seen it up there.......does it have panel damage or summin??

what you getting done?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

its all about flocking.

Get the dash flocked and the doorcards in carbon.

ST

Quote: Originally posted by Dan x2c on 25 August 2005

One of my mates has it his 206.......and its really not as shiny as you think....his was stupidly expensive tho as it was done at ecosse with the rest of the car!
It was done at ecosse thats why itd have been stupidly expensive mate.....they are good but charge over the odds IMO.

172 Cup SOLD

Quote: Originally posted by 16vClio on 01 September 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Dan x2c on 25 August 2005

It was done at ecosse thats why itd have been stupidly expensive mate.....they are good but charge over the odds IMO.
no i totally agree

there is no fibreglassing needed to coluor a dash and door cards all they need is a very good thick layer of plastic prima and then a good couple of days rubbing in down smooth thats i done mine and it come up very good in my ax gt and thats how garages do plactic bumpers but it do need a very thick layer for it to get in to the gaps where abouts you from mate cos i know some one who can do this but he will need the car for about a 2 weeks to do this

172 Cup SOLD

Quote: Originally posted by phatclio16v on 02 September 2005

there is no fibreglassing needed to coluor a dash and door cards all they need is a very good thick layer of plastic prima and then a good couple of days rubbing in down smooth thats i done mine and it come up very good in my ax gt and thats how garages do plactic bumpers but it do need a very thick layer for it to get in to the gaps where abouts you from mate cos i know some one who can do this but he will need the car for about a 2 weeks to do this
surrey, nr croydon