ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

snap noise after pushing it hard

Black 182 + Recaros

I was pushing it quite hard around a roundabout. No problems with this. After leaving the roundabout I stayed on a straight road for about a mile. When I made my first left turn I heard a snap (or ping).

I was alarmed when I heard this and so took the next few corners a bit slower. Everything seemed okay. Nothing unusual.

It was only a few days later I noticed the car didnt quite feel right, especially at high speeds. It felt like the wheels needed balancing. I had this done but it didnt make a huge difference.

I have noticed whilst driving about 60 or 70, if I shake the wheel left and right, it almost feels like the wheel is loose (not screwed on properly).

Any thoughts as to what could have broken whilst pushing it around the roundabout. Whats the most likely thing to have gone. The cars recenty had new springs and shockers ( Eibach Pros and Konis, 2 months ago ).

Hi,

I think your last sentence should give you a clue....get the shocks and springs checked asap.

They could be damaged alternatively the garage may not have screwed things back together proper.

and dont drive fast till you know its sorted :)

Used to have a Focus RS

1 of the rubber bands in the engine maybe......;)

Sorry being a non clio owner I could not resist, no offence meant.

Get the new springs checked dude.

[Edited by DK-CTR on 12 November 2004 at 9:41am]