ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snapped clutch cable valver, cost?

Alfa 147 GTA
Clutch cable went pop the other day. Went to garage and they've quoted me £96 inc vat to get it fixed. Thats with 1 1/2hr labour. Seemed bit steep to me, as looking round this forum it doesn't seem too long a job to do?

Bringing me onto next question... I aint too good with this kind of stuff but I have a couple of mates doing engineering degree's, reckon we can do it ok? Anything we should look out for, difficult parts to the job?

Mark

Just pay the £96 and save the hassle, its a b**ch of a job and unless you have someone competent with you its not worth messing with. Also it would be a good idea to replace the pedal ratchet mechanisim (£25 from renault) as it will probably be fooked too...

Clio 16v turbo
bloke 96 quid?!!! u cuda got the carle 4 a fiver n its no harder than a throttle cable to fit. next time just have a go :)

CB600FS
Whatever you do, Make sure its a genuine cable, non-genuine cables cause more problems than they solve.

Book time for cable on a Valver is only 1 hour, 95% sure of that

clio sport 172
Cable costs £23 ish including vat genuine. But trust me unless
you have access to a ramp it is a b*****d to change I know I
changed mine about two weeks ago. But I do think £96 is a bit
strong.

Colin