ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snapped clutch cable valver, cost?

Alfa 147 GTA
Clutch cable went pop the other day. Went to garage and they've quoted me £96 inc vat to get it fixed. Thats with 1 1/2hr labour. Seemed bit steep to me, as looking round this forum it doesn't seem too long a job to do?

Bringing me onto next question... I aint too good with this kind of stuff but I have a couple of mates doing engineering degree's, reckon we can do it ok? Anything we should look out for, difficult parts to the job?

Mark

1.8 Civic EX
got mine done for £70 supply and fit...make sure you get official Renault cable though otherwise it will snap again in a matter of weeks...

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Cable is about £12 from memory. Not a difficult job, just remember to pull the new cable through when pulling the old one out.

It makes more sence if you just go look at it, at the end of the day, its just a cable.