ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snaps of lusty - under enhanced lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
As said, I don't see the point to putting all that money into the bodywork then putting on some cheap looking wheels.

M2 Competition
change the rims mate. they look a lil cheap no offence jsut coz the rest of the car hs obv had alot of money spent on it. not to my taste but looks good fella

Some new wheels would transform it!

Silver multispoke oz's, same wheels as those on the v6 for example, in 17", and the car being a bit lower would look amazing.

1.6 focus zetec....
crazy clio:

firstly the colour looks faded because the pics were taken in my camera phone. The colour is much bolder and stronger in real life.

Also it's hardly been a rushed job. Over 2 years have gone into doing it up, adding bits etc and not just copied someone else. If you can find another clio which looks exactly like mine then i'll give you 100 quid.
Unfortunately I dont have money coming out of my ar*ehole, and so couldn't afford major custom work (apart from the paint). I also wanted the bodywork to be stuff which has been designed for the car and not tamper with making non clio stuff fit etc to reduce the chance of complications occuring. This is a daily drive at the end of the day and not a show car that I use as a second car.

You are talking to me like you are something special and know everything about modifying, and everyone else work is sh*t. All this talk of "you've just stuck a splitter on the back, the sides are just stuck on" etc. Well maybe thats how I wanted it from the start and dont like the idea of smoothing everything in.

edit: those are not screw holes above the exhaust. Their part of the design of the splitter.

Did you not see his clio?? I think the kid know's what he's talking about and as been in this situation with people slating himself although his car was top notch.

My opinion is the car is quite nice and very well done. I wouldn't go to them extreme lenghts when modifying but I do like modifying (if that makes sense) but thats my opinion Ed. Like people say it needs some bigger, more outstanding wheels 'cos atm they let the car down mate.

its awful lusty, ill leave it there on the car.

i find the whole asw thing funny, the threads are s**t but amusing how much people care and wanna make such a deal about it.

but the car. oh dear god. nuff said lad. maccy d's yo.

Shed.
I can appreciate the high standard of work on it, but it's not for me at all.

thats what ive been trying to say for a long time.

I personally dislike your car lusty and i quite honestly wouldnt be seen dead in it. However i can apreciate that you have put a lot of effort and money you could have been saving for more important things or a nicer car.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Very good quality work been done there. Nice colour.

How the hell is the front splitter still unmarked?? Take it there are no speed humps near you?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
lol @ all the "it looks well done" comments.

Are you saying the paint and bodywork are of a poor standard, regardless as to whether you like the style, mods and colours - just the actual quality of how it's been executed? As that's what I beleive everyone was referring to when they said "It looks well done" - and I'd of course agreed, as the standard of work is very high, having seen this in the flesh at FCS last year (think that's where it was).

The style and colours are not for me at all, but as I say, it is very well done. To say it's not would be just not true - but I understand that's not what you might of meant :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
It doesn't mean people have to say a car looks good when they don't think it does, people are entitled to an opinion, and people are entitled to voice it.

Isn't that the whole idea behind a forum?

+1

But there are nicer methods of saying you don't like it than some of the comments people on here are come out with. This is a car forum, people shouldn't have to be so thick skinned as is needed on here. I imagine some people take the comments people make really seriously and to heart. I mean, a lot of us, me included, are members of other far more 'robust' forums than Cliosport. But this place shouldn't be like that at all, we're all here because of a common interest, that involves a lot of fun times, is there really any need for the nastiness and backbiting that goes on...?

Not aiming that at either of you two I quoted, it was just a related one to follow on from heh.

Mito Sportiva 135
change the rims mate. they look a lil cheap no offence jsut coz the rest of the car hs obv had alot of money spent on it. not to my taste but looks good fella

Some new wheels would transform it!

Silver multispoke oz's, same wheels as those on the v6 for example, in 17", and the car being a bit lower would look amazing.

Agree with that, wheels let it down a bit I think Ed. I would also consider modifying or even removing the rear spoiler, a cup or even V6 spoiler would look MUCH better in my opinion and could transform the look of the whole car.

Are there any interior mods then or not?!

J03

MX5 1.8

But there are nicer methods of saying you don't like it than some of the comments people on here are come out with. This is a car forum, people shouldn't have to be so thick skinned as is needed on here. I imagine some people take the comments people make really seriously and to heart. I mean, a lot of us, me included, are members of other far more 'robust' forums than Cliosport. But this place shouldn't be like that at all, we're all here because of a common interest, that involves a lot of fun times, is there really any need for the nastiness and backbiting that goes on...?

Not aiming that at either of you two I quoted, it was just a related one to follow on from heh.

exactly my point.. if people say something bad about a mint standard 182/172 i could imagine you guys wouldnt like it at all and would probably slate the person who made the comment! why should lusty car be any different? because it stands out from all the same turinis most of you people have? its a clio at end of the day a hatch back, not kinda super car coupe, its one of a kind and unique. reguardless of taste

Formally Clio 182
Nice paint -it does look unique, but I think you should invest in a better bodykit.

If you like it, then that's what matters. Personally I prefer the standard 182 body with the cup spoiler.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
I'm not even going to dress my comment up with the "paintjob looks high quality" BS.

It's awful. No taste whatsoever.

I can't find a single good thing about it, all thats going through my head is "WHY?????".

I'm saying no more...

Looks good IMO. Could do with a better set of alloys, maybe change the rear lights, match them up a lil better?

Can't wait to see your next car! (As long as you put in the same effort)

I admit the wheels are quite subtle, however when I bought them I had the intention of keeping the bodywork standard, then it all went a bit mental lol.

Peperami - I can't take it any lower than it is. It scrapes the underside of the front splitter going over standard height speed bumps as it is and others I can only just get over if I take at an angle. So going lower is a no no. The way the car is sitting makes it look fairly high on the left side between the arches and wheels.

brand - see pervious post about interior.

I have been thinking about re-doing bits of it. New black LED rear lights, new black front angel eye headlights, and paint the wheels black/dark grey.

edit: it is in the rushes

Last edited:
  ur megane r26
i will give you one thing mate thank fook you didnt smooth over the number plate recess and put the plate on the bumper in some way because whenever i see clios rear ends which have been modified they always have the smoothed number plate and i hate it, but congrats for having the bulls to put that much money into a 1.2 if i am right in saying

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
crazy clio:

firstly the colour looks faded because the pics were taken in my camera phone. The colour is much bolder and stronger in real life.

Also it's hardly been a rushed job. Over 2 years have gone into doing it up, adding bits etc and not just copied someone else. If you can find another clio which looks exactly like mine then i'll give you 100 quid.
Unfortunately I dont have money coming out of my ar*ehole, and so couldn't afford major custom work (apart from the paint). I also wanted the bodywork to be stuff which has been designed for the car and not tamper with making non clio stuff fit etc to reduce the chance of complications occuring. This is a daily drive at the end of the day and not a show car that I use as a second car.

You are talking to me like you are something special and know everything about modifying, and everyone else work is sh*t. All this talk of "you've just stuck a splitter on the back, the sides are just stuck on" etc. Well maybe thats how I wanted it from the start and dont like the idea of smoothing everything in.

edit: those are not screw holes above the exhaust. Their part of the design of the splitter.

Did you not see his clio?? I think the kid know's what he's talking about and as been in this situation with people slating himself although his car was top notch.

My opinion is the car is quite nice and very well done. I wouldn't go to them extreme lenghts when modifying but I do like modifying (if that makes sense) but thats my opinion Ed. Like people say it needs some bigger, more outstanding wheels 'cos atm they let the car down mate.

Lol Cheers, I think.

Remember CD Mullins lol?

A Euro'd one...
It definitely needs new rims to bring out the work thats been put into this. They really do let it done im afraid mate.

That kombat spoiler is a pet hate of mine, it sticks out like Prince Charles' ears! Id swap it for something more subtle.

Im not into all this lairy body kits malarky anymore but i can see that the garage you used did an excellent job on your car and im amazed that its still in good condition seeing as its your daily.

VRS

Lol Cheers, I think.

Remember CD Mullins lol?

CD Mullins, now that brings back memories lol

b/g 182, meg tourer
not a fan or the styling at all. sorry lusty. looks like all the work done has been top notch tho

Status
Not open for further replies.