ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snetterton 300 aerial photos

Turbos.
Nice find!

Personally like the chicane, always an exciting way to end a lap.

To be fair, despite the two long straights, it was the only track other than Brands Indy that i have managed to get pole/fastest lap in the Elise, so on that basis i'm not sure i'd call it a power circuit. With the back straight now being shorter, that will only help lower powered cars.

looks great, hasnt it bought it up to FIA B now or something along those lines?

be nice to see some development on spectator areas too

SQ5
Only bad thing about Snetterton is it's location, no proper DCs for miles from what I remember.

The A11 that runs right next to it?

Its an awesome location TBH, 10 mins from my back door ;)

Tried getting in Sunday as I know the track manager, but unfortunately he wasn't there and the security guard was having none of it lol! Good too see the developments on it :)

SQ5
Turning right at Snetterton, now that'll feel weird.

Sure you can cope with that Ollie? ;)

Do you mean left lol?

Its all right handers!

One major road? Wonderful that. Getting into that part of the country is a maze of single lane A roads.

The A14, M11, A47 all get you to where you need to be too! Its no more different than castle combe!

Cheeky little, and I mean little, vid of the new 300 circuit

Last edited by a moderator:
  Oil Burner
The new circuit should be such an improvement to the old one. It used to be one of my least favourite circuits in the country, now has potential to be one of the best. They have also introduced some undulations that the camera flattens out in the video's.

I'm there in a few weeks for the Porsche Carrera Cup Media day, so will stick some shots up after that.

SQ5
Was up there yesterday but looked like more of a test day than a track day unfortunately!

Was sitting in Tyrrels and all of a sudden heard a few cars coming past metres to the cafe! Was quite nice.

Couldn't see any of the infield stuff but russels now looks like a brilliant corner :)

Turbos.
Thanks for the vid, but the circuit looks s**t! The second corner was one of my favourites... late-as-you-dare braking, entering with with oversteer, cutting the corner and trying not to use much run off for the best run up the straight.... now ruined! Just a sequence of identical corners with nothing challenging :dapprove:

Oil Burner
Thanks for the vid, but the circuit looks s**t! The second corner was one of my favourites... late-as-you-dare braking, entering with with oversteer, cutting the corner and trying not to use much run off for the best run up the straight.... now ruined! Just a sequence of identical corners with nothing challenging :dapprove:

Surely its a perfect hunting ground for the Elise now? Lots of mid speed bends and heavy braking.

I'm happy as now there are more than 2 corners i don't have to shoot into the sun for half the day.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep

Never been on the original layout but I agree it doesn't look as good as I expected.