ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

snooper s4

Porsche Boxster

hi guys

i bought a snooper s4 for my 172....... and to be honest it is not going well. it takes AGES for it to get a connection with any satellites. yesterday it took 20mins on the way to work, and on the way back, 40 mins...... might as well not have it there!! Once it does connect, the signal is really dodgy. one minute ill have 5 bars signal, the next just 1 bar, all on the same stretch of road. i looked on the website, and it says the snooper is supposed to work with heat reflective screens, but it may take a bit longer to register a connection, but 20 mins + is just silly. I have mounted it in the middle where the little rectangle of untreated screen is, and this seems to be the only place where i get any connection. if i move it from there it says "weak signal"!

if i take it out of the car it obv works fine. think there is something wrong with it? or just tough luck for me?

Cheers
Mike

Its the heat reflecting screen that causes it. Theres not a lot you can do about it if it does work in the middle at the bottom of the screen unless the unit will allow you to have an external gps aerial.

182 FFC

You require the external aerial. You can get these from Autokits. See their website for contact details http://www.autokits.co.ukwww.autokits.co.uk.

This is a special order but your snooper will work, and better than than a hefty fine!!