ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Snorkel Power

Turbos.
Back now. Basically we had been playing with the traction control the last couple of days, which has been a bit of a novelty coming from the no-frills Elise. I started the afternoon session and everything seemed to be up to temperature, so i picked up the pace. I braked at my usual point and the car locked up almost instantly. I came off and re-applied, but by then i had run out of room, skipped in the gravel and hit the wall on the near side.

I was praying i could blame the car in some way, but after pouring over the datalogging it was obvious i just hadn't given the tyres enough time to wake up - the traction control gave me a confidence that i guess i wouldn't have normally (i.e. a car on cold tyres should be all over the place, but it was fine thanks to the TC). In hindsight, i was stupid to think a tiny track like Brands Indy would bring things up to temperature in 3 laps. But now i've learnt my lesson the hard way!

I didn't take any pics but they are already circling the t'internet. All the bodywork will just be repaired for now, but it will need a new floor and the incredibly difficult to get NSX-R headlight. Tried getting a gasket earlier this week for it and Honda didn't have any in the UK, so you can imagine what part sourcing is like....

Anyway, we have 3 weeks to get it fixed for the Britcar night race.

386670_10150907213900602_628240601_21529101_452121210_n.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
:( gutted for you, i guess you have learned something from it though so it shouldn't happen again, but hey thats motor racing

edit: when/were is the britcar night race?

Turbos.
Cheers, hopefully the team will sort it in time, otherwise i guess the Elise will be used.

The race is November 19th.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
:( Sad times Fenn. Hopefully get it back up and running soon mate.

Oil Burner
Unlucky Rob. I'm sure the guys will get it back together in time.

Glad i couldn't make it, as I'm pretty sure if i had been there and this had happened your dad would of never let me attend another meeting you guys were at!