ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So are there any improved exhaust mounts?

GB 182 FF
As above really, I see you can get normal ones for £20ish each on the rear but I'd sooner pay double that for a fit and forget setup lol

Does anyone sell an 'uprated' mounting at all?
If not I shall look into something as one of my rears has failed/sagged :(

No uprated exhaust mounts available, search on here about them, hundreds of threads about them, cable ties seem to be the common method

GB 182 FF
is that the actual part number...(I dont think it is but willing to be proved wrong), Might have to have a crack at that little setup

tbh the mounts could be £5 for all I care, but I'd sooner not be under the car every 6-12 months fitting new mounts, my non work time is worth more than that lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Use cable tie, bits of pipe/rubber etc, mine had sat right for ages.

E46 M3
is that the actual part number...(I dont think it is but willing to be proved wrong), Might have to have a crack at that little setup

FDR53 is the part number, just ask for them at any motor factors. If you pay more than £1.50 each your being ripped off.

Sod paying £70, just fill them with windscreen glue :D

100_4399.jpg

GB 182 FF
I'm lazy :p and impatient.

£70 mounts ordered :) apparently will be with me on friday too, which I thought was rather good

Evo 8 MR
I find the ones that NWP sell which I believe are OEM Renault mounts are good enough. The rubber is glued onto the mount rather than just placed in like my old mount that I removed.

If you've got a K-tec zorst expect it to require cable ties.

GB 182 FF
they arrived.
They are OEM metalwork Renault logos on that part. With some hard as you like rubber in the mount.

appologies for the dire pic, i was in a rush
IMG00006-20101224-1342.png

340i
With my old Clio I got a piece of polyurethane, cut it to shape, pressed into the original mount and super glued in place...

Cost me about £2 ;)

GB 182 FF
So, have they been fitted, how are they?

Not yet, the boiler at home failed so thats my 'project' this week rather than working on the car lol.

I cant imagine it will take longer than 5 mins to fit the mounts though... Thats a job for Sunday/Monday.
(yes from Prima racing (or cituning)

GB 182 FF
Got them on today :)

poxy pax side bracket has come off the back box so its still floppy :( although with just the drivers side supporting it, its all very firm and now making the heat shield rattle as that had also fallen down..... Now quite how it passed an MOT 3 weeks ago with a broken bracket I dont know, but I'll be giving mr car dealer a call on tuesday lol.

The mounts fit fine, and are nice and firm so thats a win, and I had to put little to no effort in therefore they are worth a few hundred quid imho :cool:

MK3 GTI golf 16v
stainless cable ties or make your own, i made my own one for my mates car out of two old exhaust mounts the i chopped up and welded together, looks alreet after a polish

Clio 172
Just bought one of these, was the order process abit quick and easy for you aswell? doesnt seem very secure