ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

So Close To Buying A 200, But Are Speedlines Worth It?

RB 182
Close to sealing the deal now on a white Cup, but are the black Speedlines worth the extra £300 odd or should i just try source some after purchase, as then ill still have the original anthracite wheels to maybe sell on?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd rather pay £1000 than drive round with those god awful standard wheels.

imagegallery15540x303_Gallery.jpg

imagegallery13540x303_Gallery.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
seeing all varients of wheels on the 200 daily, i'd say the speedlines are head over heals better than the standard wheels they come with.

Although I do think the standard wheels really suit the 200 cup's in white

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
£300 and you even need to think about it!

Oh and Recaros are a mjst if you lan on keeping it and selling it in a few years. All imo of course.

Black Gold Trophy
As long as you don't get the 5 spokes!

The multispoke wheels above look good, but the speedlines look great imo!

They were only £150 when I bought mine?

To answer your question, yes and no. If I had ordered mine from factory I'd have spec'd them, but I'm in no rush to spend £700 on a set for mine now. The standard wheels grow on you a lot, as long as they are anthracite.

The bog standard (OK Cup spec (amphasite)) have well grown on me since I got my 200:
a397e137.jpg
- But my car is obviously a completely different colour..

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
300? You sure. They were £175 or £150 when we got ours.

Definately say they are worth it. They are almost £200 a pop each from Renault new, and theres no guarantee you'll sell the anthracite wheels.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I personally think the standard wheels done gloss black would look better (as per the meg250). Soon as I can be bothered I'll be having mine done.

Golf 7R
The standard cup chassis wheels really suit the Black, but unfortunately not any other colour IMO. So yes Speedlines are definitely worth it.

Da

Less
Buy them - you wont regret it.

Oh and make sure you get black centre caps...

DSC00329.jpg

Fail :dapprove:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Just spray them, cant really see what the fuss is about tbh!

DSC04571.jpg

Halfords satin black, about 6 quid for the rattle can, push out the diamonds, quick key of the caps, few coats, jobs a good'un ;)

Last edited:
  AG 200
Personally I prefer the cup alloys , just look different. (black maybe more than anthracite though)
black1.gif

Last edited:
  RB 182
Ah right. The sales guy told me 'about £300' so looks like ill be having words! Going down tonight for a drive, cant wait tbh

Nissan 350z
Get a price with the spec you want then have a word with Richard1 off here to see what he thinks. Hes very honest and will deffinately sort you out with a good deal, a few of us have ordered our 200s with him without issue and a great service so far :)

Not to mention free mats thrown in to seal the deal ;)

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
As long as you don't get the 5 spokes!

The multispoke wheels above look good, but the speedlines look great imo!

Agree with that !! The 5 spokes are one of the worst looking wheels I have ever seen,ruin the look of the car IMO :(